You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical Design Engineer
An exciting opportunity for an Intermediate or Senior Mechanical Design Engineer has arisen within a growing company based in Droitwich.
We are looking for a degree educated individual (Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering) with experience in building designing & construction industry. This is a permanent position offering £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience.
Along with an attractive salary, this role offers a friendly and supportive working environment with true autonomy.
As Mechanical Design Engineer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Prepare Calculations. Before completing technical drawings, the Mechanical Designer shall be able to prepare concept report, calculations on the mechanical and public health services. The Mechanical Designer shall be able to calculate things like tolerance, dimensions and thermal and structural analysis for presentation to Client.
- Create Technical Drawings. Typically using AutoCAD software, Mechanical Designers shall be able to sketch and draw up designs for coordination with other engineers and architects on the team. Mechanical Designers shall be able to work on concept designs as well as final detailed designs. Their designs must be in line with company procedure, regulations and Client Requirement, as this information provide the foundation for a quality design.
- Revise Existing Design. While Mechanical Designers shall be able to create drawings for new projects, the job often involves revising the designs for existing buildings as well. The Mechanical Designer should be able to create optional, yet effective, designs to meet Client requirement.
- Provide Support. The Mechanical Designers, along with the engineering team, shall be able to provide support during the building and construction process, ensuring that the design is being built properly and according to specifications.
As Mechanical Design Engineer you will be involved in the full design & construction life-cycle from concept through to implementation, therefore you will need to have some knowledge of generating full building design packs (technical drawings, reports, design calculations, etc.) to be considered for the role. You will also need the following core skills:
- Mechanical Designer should be analytical and creative.
- They’re problem-solvers who are quantitatively skilled but also have an eye for good design.
- Leaders and decision-makers, the Mechanical Designer should be capable of guiding others and being assertive.
- Collaboration and cooperation are crucial, so the Mechanical Designer shall be great at working as a part of a team.
- Go-getter enthusiastic ambitious
- Possessing a relevant technical degree
- Showing proficiency in AutoCAD and 3D software
- Having industry-specific knowledge
- Being proficient in Microsoft Office
- Drawing and design experience
- Previous Supervisory experience is a plus but not vital
If you would like to be considered for the Mechanical Design Engineer role, please APPLY NOW!
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Smart 1 Recruitment Limited