You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Pertemps Technical is working in partnership with an innovative and customer focused global manufacturing company, specialising in gas abatement solutions for the semiconductor industry.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Designer to join a multidisciplinary project team assigned to new product introduction. The brief is to support the design, development and introduction of the next generation flagship exhaust gas abatement product.
- £23 per hour PAYE, £30 per hour LTD
- Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Ample parking and subsidised canteen on site
About the job
- Product design (3D & 2D CAD)
- Creation of Bill of Materials
- Interpretation and delivery of customer specification
- Design calculations in support of design
- Components selection
- Development of test specifications
- Participate in DFMEA assessments
- Type testing of equipment and subsystems
- Engineering Change
- Support to manufacturing
- Supporting the preparation of technical construction file documents
- CAD – CATIA V5 for 3D modelling and design drafting
- Regular user of SmarTeam Product Data Management (PDM) software
- Experience in a system/equipment design and development environment (NPI)
- Knowledge of BS EN 8888
- Knowledge of CE marking and EN standards (Machinery and Low Voltage directives desirable)
- Knowledge of DFM/DFA
- Understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams and system schematics
- Proficient in Engineering/Design Change
- Experience in the type testing of equipment in support of design
- Preparing written reports for TCF in support of engineers
- Strong problem solving ability
- Attention to detail and right first time approach
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Pertemps Bristol Industrial