You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Structural Engineer
Matchtech are currently recruiting for a Senior Structural Engineer on behalf of our client in Peterborough.
You will manage a range of projects from industrial and commercial clients. Project responsibility will be varied from inception of defining a client's design brief to inspection/auditing, specification, design, and management projects. You will be flexible, dynamic with the ability to assist in the development of our growing team.
A Senior Structural Engineer will deliver and manage consultancy services to current clients. This position will sit within their Peterborough Industry & Buildings team.
Main work area's will be:-
Technical development and management of design projects:
Preparation of designs for and associated structures, from initial concepts through to detailed designs.
- Production of design calculations including using 3D modelling software, checking and reviewing of calculations produced by others.
- Producing sketch drawings / details for drawing / modelling by others and complete checking and reviewing of these prior to issue.
- Preparation of specifications, and assistance with contract documents.
- Providing technical leadership, mentoring and coaching to design engineers in the Civil & Structures team and other project design teams.
- Provide internal team Project Management on projects as required acting as client/design team interface and co-ordination with others.
- Carry out inspections and surveys, preparation of reports, structural analysis and reporting.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BEng / MEng in Civil/Structural Engineering
- CEng, MIStructE / MICE or working towards
- Substantial post education experience
- Experience in the following areas preferred:- People Buildings - Industrial Buildings - Food and Beverage - Automotive - Design / Consultancy - Construction
- Knowledge and practical experience of Calculation / modelling Software: - TEKLA Structural Designer - STAAD Pro - TEDDS - NBS
- Hold a full UK driving licence
They offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension, discretionary company bonus, Health and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.