You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Lead Maintenance Engineer
As Lead Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for delivering, and where possible, exceeding the key performance indicators within the business unit. The remit covers all aspects of maintenance engineering management – Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, People Management and development, Maintenance planning, liaison with the internal customers, suppliers and with all other departments within the Company.
Required to be flexible on place of work as you will be responsible for two plants in Birmingham and Brownhills. Salary circa £40k operating a day shift Monday-Friday
Key Responsibilities of the Lead Maintenance Engineer include:
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance on Wickman multi-spindle automatic machines.
- Responding to breakdowns both mechanical and electrical.
- Diagnosing faults
- Repairing general plant and equipment
- Supervising external sub-contractors working on site
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Creating maintenance procedures
- Ability to work closely with all departments to make sure that problems are overcome in a robust professional manner and within budget.
- New projects to be under-taken to improve processes and smooth running of production
To be successful in the role of Lead Maintenance Engineer you will have the following knowledge & experience:
- Relevant City & Guilds qualification, along with a recognised apprenticeship
- 17th edition wiring regulations
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety issues related to machines
- To be an effective leader with the ability to motivate, develop and coach staff
- Highly organised with the ability to effectively manage time and prioritise workload.
- To understand TPM and PPM processes.
This position is easily commutable from Stafford, Lichfield,, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Wolverhampton, Telford, Burton upon Trent and Birmingham.
If you are an experienced Maintenance Leader, looking for the opportunity to work with a leading global automotive manufacturing company, please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.