You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Production Engineering Manager - Electro-Mechanical Assembly
Job title: Production Engineering Manager - Electro-Mechanical Assembly
Location: Hampshire, commutable from; Durrington, Andover, Basingstoke, Winchester, Whitchurch, Newbury, Burbage, Marlborough, Stockbridge etc.
Salary: £45,000-£55,000 + Excellent Benefits
Production Engineering Manager required to join our client in Hampshire. That's right we are calling out for all Production Team Leaders, Production Supervisors, Senior Production Engineers or Production Managers to move into a new Engineering Production Manager position!
Due to exponential growth and demand, our client is looking to add several positions to their business. Here is one of their requirements for an Engineering Production Manager to join the Electro-Mechanical Assembly Production team.
This is an opportunity for a Production Team Leader, Production Supervisor, Senior Production Engineer or Production Manager to join a well established yet rapidly growing business that designs a range of products used within a scientific environment. This business has been growing at 25% year on year and there is no sign of this slowing down. In October they will be moving to a new facility just up the road to give them more space to grow!
For the Production Engineering Manager position, we are looking for an individual to understand the manufacturing challenges and champion both automation solutions, lean interventions and manage the Production Engineering team as we evolve from a small to medium volume manufacturer.
The ideal candidate will have worked with small to medium electro-mechanical assemblies and who understands the Engineering behind R&D to help introduce new products to the production line and market.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the leadership team where you will make a huge impact on the way we manufacture our products and be instrumental to the success of the business.
What is on offer?
- Competitive Salary (£45,000-£55,000)
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Share Incentive Plan
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
What is the role?
As a Production Engineering Manager, you will report into the Operations Director and will look after a small team which will consist of Production/Assembly Engineers, Process Engineer and a Mechanical CAD Engineer.
For the Engineering Production Manager, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate an understanding of Lean implementation experience to confidently challenge the status quo but bring all colleagues along as we embark the journey of growth and change.
As a Production Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
- New Product Introduction (NPI) – support the projects team to drive design for Manufacture, Assembly, Test and Six Sigma.
- Continuous improvement of existing manufacturing lines.
- Development of manufacturing & test systems for new and existing products.
- Liaison with suppliers to integrate complete solutions
- Management and control of the implementation of engineering changes, day to day production support and the generation of supporting product and process instructions.
Here are some of the skills that are involved in the Production Engineering Manager’s role:
- An understanding of Continous Improvement/Lean manufacturing (Kaizen, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping)
- Six Sigma experience ideally green or black belt certified.
- Manufacturing cell design (Jigs & Fixtures, Tooling, Poke Yoke mistake proofing).
- Manufacturing automation design and development.
- Test systems design & development.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.