You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer In this role the successful Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of Antenna System products for use in demanding air, land and sea environments.
In this role you will be expected to be creative and innovative in the generation of concepts and detailed designs using 3D CAD and FEA simulation tools. Your responsibilities will include the generation of drawings and ERP data for both internal and external customers using approved procedures and processes. You will provide expert technical guidance to the mechanical design team and support the Chief Mechanical Engineer in maintaining a high quality technical output on time and to cost.
This role is based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (alternatives considered)
- An understanding of most aspects of mechanical engineering, including structural analysis and CDF (predominantly Thermal).
- A broad understanding of materials, treatments and finishes, and their environmental implications
- Knowledge of composite design and production techniques (ideally GFRP)
- Experience of the airborne environment
- A proven ability to support change within an organisation
- Experience of engineering product life cycle and development phases.
- Experience of using 3D CAD packages, use of Solidworks would be an advantage
- Experience working within the Aerospace Sector or similar regulated industry
- Able to work both as part of a team and as an individual.
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal.
- Able to determine their own priorities
- Ability to work with minimum of supervision
- Adaptable to changes in priorities and willingness to resolve queries from all levels of staff
As Senior Mechanical Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Produce concept and detailed designs using 3D CAD ensuring that solutions are fit for purpose and cost effective.
- Act as Lead Engineer on projects and bids when required
- Use FEA and CFD tools supported by hand calculations to simulate mechanical behaviour
- Generate and amend drawings and documentation to appropriate standards including BS8888 and Bills of Materials.
- Undertake tolerance analysis of designs including Geometric Dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Investigate and define answers to design problems via NCR’s from manufacturing.
- Continuous improvement of processes and tools including support to corporate change initiatives
About Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
A wide range of products are available for customers, small and large, worldwide in Commercial, Military, Satellite and Security markets.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.