You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Structural Technical Engineer
Salary: £25,000.00 to £35,000.00 dependant on experience
My client is a global leader in high performance building solutions, they are seeking a skilled Structural Technical Engineer to join their team based in Malton on a permanent, this is due to business growth.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a small motivated team liaising with individuals across departments and sites within the business and will report daily to the team project manager.
• Produce accurate and economical structural designs based on drawings and/or specifications provided by customers whilst applying relevant standards and codes of practice. The role will include the calculation of applied loadings, forces and stress distributions in structural members and matching these requirements to the performance of the company's structural product range
• Log tasks and enquiries on system and generate leads for other areas of the business
• Support other departments to ensure the correct performance and use of the company's structural products whilst also collaborating so that the business benefits from every opportunity
• Answer product related queries from external stakeholders via phone, email and video conference as appropriate, giving best economic and practical solutions
• Produce bill of materials based on own designs generated from drawings supplied for costing by the sales team. This may include marked up drawings or sketches of product use and layout
• Attend design meetings where appropriate to provide advice and assistance
• Plan and produce specifications
• Develop checking routines and record testing of software solutions
• Contribute to testing of products to determine performance using internal and external facilities
• Provide product and engineering design training as appropriate
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience
• A degree in a Structural or Civil engineering discipline. Mechanical engineering degrees will be considered on review of modules included
• Minimum 2 years experience ideally in a construction related field
• Experience in design of industrial buildings and/or the design of cold formed sections would be advantageous
• Familiar with relevant codes of practice, Eurocodes and British Standards that apply to the design of cold formed sections and building structures
• An understanding of wind actions on structures would be beneficial
• Experience of 2D & 3D modelling software such as AutoCad and Tekla would be advantageous
• Self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook and a focus on high quality work
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
• Personable team player and customer focused with the ability to build long lasting relationships
• Flexible to work extended hours as required to meet project deadlines
In return for the above skills and experience you will be rewarded with great rates of pay, development opportunities within the business, a company that values its staff, pension and annual company bonus.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Gap Personnel East