The MEL Group are family run, with a realistic goal to be a £100 million a year business. We are a total engineering solution provider to the global aerospace and defence market and to industry in general.
An opportunity has arisen for a CNC Turner to join the team at Oldbury Engineering based in Horley, Surrey. The successful candidate will be involved in the machining of aerospace, ground support equipment precision parts, to company specifications and quality components within the MEL Group to ISO 9001 Standards.
You may already be fully skilled in the role or if you have just completed an Engineering Apprenticeship or Qualification, we would be happy to provide the support and development to further those skills with on the job training.
You will be responsible for:
- Machining low quantities of precision items in stainless steel, brass, aluminium & mild steels.
- Full knowledge of all workshop equipment.
- Liaising with machine shop to ensure that products produced are to the specifications required.
- Ability to resolve queries and problems to best of knowledge before escalating up to next level. Ensure minimum occurrence of errors and provide workable solutions.
- Responsible for adhering to health and safety rules and procedures
- Conducting assigned tasks in a controlled and safe manner, paying particular respect to colleagues and equipment.
- Present a positive attitude at all times and an adaptable approach to problems.
- Possible travel within the UK to other group companies.
Personal Skills / Attributes:
- Knowledge and use of all machine shop equipment would be desirable
- Manual input on Haas CNC control systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills, at all levels
- Numerical and literacy skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Flexible attitude and approach to work
- Professional conduct displayed at all times
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to lift safe loads without assistance
- Solid mechanical / engineering knowledge, with indentured engineering apprenticeship
- Positive attitude combined with a ‘common sense’ approach
- Ability to work well within a team, and as an individual
- Can pass on knowledge and skills to others, evaluating and validating training given
- Meticulous attention to detail, with a methodical approach to tasks
- Takes pride in self and work
This is a permanent role, Monday to Thursday, 07:30am – 4:00pm and Friday, 07:30am – 3:00pm. Working 39 hours per week with a daily half hour lunch break.
In return you will have the support to develop and grow within an ever-expanding company, with benefits such as 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and free parking.
- Contact Name:
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference:
- Job ID:
- Less than 10