You can save this job and apply at a later date.
As a Site Engineer/Supervisor reporting to the Structures Engineering Manager in Translink, you will manage Third-Party works in and around the railway environment. These works may be carried out by DfI Roads, NI Water, Utilities or private developers, and you will supervise, report and ensure compliance of all works on site. Experience in a Railway environment is not essential.
Translink is Northern Ireland main public transport provider with a strategy to maintain and grow passenger and network capacity, with plans to introduce higher-speed service, track upgrades, station refurbs and new builds, refurbishment of trains and upgrade ticketing systems.
Please note that application forms must be submitted 'online' before 12noon Friday 23rd August 2019 so early application is advisable.
As the successful Site Engineer/Supervisor your new role will also include but not be limited to the following:
- Co-ordinate responses to planning applications for adjacent property.
- Review construction method proposals, methodologies and risk assessments.
- Advise on acceptable construction methods to ensure risk to NIR is as low as reasonably practicable.
- Supervise third party work on-site to ensure work is being carried out in accordance with agreements.
- Represent Translink at Third-party meetings.
- Ensure Third-party staff have appropriate Rule Book training.
- Ensure compliance with NIR conditions/Contractors Safety Requirements.
- Ensure Third-party asset owners are managing their structures to the appropriate standards e.g. inspections, examinations etc.
- Keep a database of third party structures up to date.
- Prepare progress reports at regular intervals which will include costs, H&S and identified risks and issues.
A detailed job description for this 'Site Engineer/Supervisor' role and an application form and Salary details can be provided upon request.
To be considered for this Site Engineer/Supervisor role you will:
- Possess a construction-related degree with a minimum of 2 years' experience in civil engineering construction, or alternatively, possess an HNC/HND in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 5 years' experience in civil engineering construction.
- Proven on-site experience of construction works.
- Experience of planning and managing construction works safety.
- Effective report writing skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills across a range of complex activities.
It would be desirable if candidates had the following:
- Experience in a railway infrastructure environment
- Experience of using databases.
- Experience of working in a safety-critical environment.
If you feel this 'Site Engineer/Supervisor' role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown.
Contact Damien or Anne if you would like to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Wellington Professional Recruitment