You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical & Electrical Engineer - AC Bias
ROLE: Mechanical & Electrical Engineer - AC Bias
SALARY: £31,048 or £35,705 + Company Van + Fuel/Trade Card + Annual Bonus + Unrivalled Training & Development Opportunities.
A bit about us:
Arcus is driven by over 3,000 people. We bring together the unique skills, knowledge and experience that our clients really value. Our behaviours are aligned to encourage our people to share ways of doing something better, saving time, effort or money. It is not just what we do that makes us standout, it is how we do it that makes us truly different, that, coupled with our core values - Do it SIMPLY, Do it WELL, Do it WITH PASSION which underpin everything we do.
Your new role:
You will carry out planned and reactive M&E maintenance tasks safely and to an agreed standard within a defined portfolio of industrial, commercial and retail properties. To provide first line response to all emergencies during normal working hours and out of hours when on call.
This is a pivotal role in our M&E division where you will play a key part and in our ongoing growth and success.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Undertake all M&E reactive and planned maintenance tasks allocated and complete to an agreed standard.
- Ensure work is carried out in compliance with all health and safety requirements and to adhere to the best working practices.
- Work towards the achievement of tasks within SLA times, work orders opened and closed in real time
- Act in accordance to the Health and Safety policy when issues as such arise
- Effectively diagnose and identify faults and failures with equipment and systems and provide effective solutions and escalate where necessary.
- As a client facing role you are required to ensure compliance with dress code and maintain your vehicle in good condition at all times.
- Order and fit parts or components as prescribed by company procedures
- Actively support colleagues building a teamwork approach e.g. - supporting with other trades or training and up skilling of apprentices and communicating regularly and assisting when required.
- Adhere to on call rota for effective response during out of hours issues.
This role will involve being on call 1 week in 4 and will include working 1 Saturday in 4.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Recognised Apprenticeship or qualifications in relevant mechanical, electrical or HVAC disciplines
- A valid UK driving licence
- 17th / 18th edition
- City & Guilds F GAS 2079 - Essential
- City & Guilds 2391 Test and Inspection - Desirable
Knowledge and Experience
- Achievement of first fix and maximise equipment uptime
- Ability to work unsupervised in a pressurised environment dealing with store teams and members of the public
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient IT skills, including smart phone technology
- Significant experience in the supermarket industry
- Awareness of budgeting of parts and material usage
What we offer:
In addition to a competitive salary, Arcus FM employees can enjoy 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, a generous contributory pension scheme of matched contributions up to 6%, a discretionary bonus scheme, gym discounts and life assurance. At Arcus we are passionate about individual development which is why we are proud to offer industry leading Learning & Development opportunities to all our staff across our organisation.
Your role involves being on call, reacting to emergencies as well as attending business critical works. The call out premium is incorporated into your basic salary. You will normally be on call 1 week in 4 from 17:00 on a Friday for one week. You will not be paid an on call allowance; this is incorporated into your annual salary. Payment is made from the time you leave home to returning home.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to those who do not meet the required criteria for this role and only candidates who meet the minimum criteria will be contacted. Personal information which you supply to us during the recruitment process will be used for assessing candidate suitability for vacancies within Arcus. Such data includes candidate qualifications, skills, experience, employment history, current and / or expected remuneration and benefits. Information about any disclosed disability will be used to assess whether Arcus needs to make reasonable adjustments during interview, selection or employment. Such information will be shared internally, including with members of the HR and recruitment team, and managers in the business area being recruited to. We will only keep such data for as long as is necessary for the recruitment process. Should we wish to keep date for longer, e.g. for talent pooling, we will seek the candidate consent to do so. Employment decisions are not based solely on automated decision-making.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.