You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Graduate Electrical Engineer
Job Title: Graduate Electrical Engineer
Location: North Somerset Office
Under guidance from more experienced Engineers, undertake the design, simulation and prototyping of electrical/electronic and fibre optic products in support of the company’s research and development activities and commercial deliveries. Conduct electrical/electronic and optical analyses of products, systems and sub-components and produce technical documentation in accordance with company procedures.
- Evaluate electrical/electronic and fibre optic systems, products, components and applications using simulation and by undertaking research programs.
- Develop products and solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Generate product/system design documentation in accordance with company procedures, including (but not limited to) specifications, test procedures, block diagrams, schematics, operating manuals and any other documentation required for deliverables.
- Undertake testing, evaluation, modification and re-testing of products/solutions.
- Work to defined project specifications, budgets and timescales.
- Provide verbal and written progress reports to all levels of management within the business.
- Support the preparation and filing of patent disclosures/applications by identifying novel technology and writing the initial idea descriptions.
- Support general tendering and marketing activities, as and when required.
- Support and assist in testing and commissioning, both on-site and off-site.
- Work to relevant customer, British (BS), European (EN) and other international standards, as required.
- Undertake engineering consultancy work in accordance with company and client requirements.
- Undertake obligations in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 as detailed in the Operations Manual. Recognize requirements for Industry Standards as relevant to work scope.
- Adopt a pro-active approach to company and client QHSE initiatives and objectives.
- Ensure best practice is followed to achieve maximum levels of safety, quality and efficiency and take recognition of the environment and environmental impacts in all activities and decisions.
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach to work ethic.
- Deal with day to day queries from customers/suppliers and employees throughout the business network.
- Pro-active attitude to ensure ‘One Team’ work ethic.
- Positive working approach towards business ethics.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Hons Degree or HND/HNC or equivalent in a suitable engineering discipline.
General understanding and/or appreciation of electrical and electronic principles.
- Electrical Schematic/ PCB design
- PC literacy
- Knowledge of Pspice, SPICE, OrCAD, Matlab, circuit designs
- Team work
- Experience of creation of Functional Design Specifications, Test procedures and similar engineering documentation
- Problem solving / lateral thinking
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Occasional travel to client/supplier premises and/or other company sites.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Oatley Recruitment & Consultancy