You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Structures Examination Engineer
As Structures Examination Engineer you will be responsible for the detailed examination of all railway structures assets, ensuring that comprehensive reports are provided to show their condition, maintenance requirements and to inform decisions for their structural integrity for the safe passage of trains.
Translink is Northern Ireland main public transport provider with a strategy to maintain and grow passenger and network capacity, with plans to introduce higher-speed service, track upgrades, station refurbs and new builds, refurbishment of trains and upgrade ticketing systems.
**Please note that detailed application forms must be submitted before Wednesday 21st August 2019 so early application is advisable**
As the Structures Examination Engineer your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Manage the Property Asset Management Team.
- Undertake detailed examinations of the Company's structures assets, such as bridges, culverts, embankment & cuttings, tunnels, coastal embankment structures, retaining walls, signal structures and platform walls.
- Develop a reporting system using GIS / Handheld Reporting Devices, to record detailed examinations of each asset.
- Further develop the Structures' database to retain all detailed examination information and provide reports. Maintain the Structures' database for all examinations carried out. Provide a programme for the detailed examination of structures on the network ensuring it is kept up to date.
- Assist in identifying and recommending larger structural maintenance/renewals projects for inclusion within the Capital Programme.
- Provide support to the Structures Maintenance Engineer and in the preparation/assessment of tender documents. Assist in the management of Maintenance and Capital Projects ranging from small culvert replacements to substantial bridge renewal schemes.
- Undertake examinations for structural assessments and prepare structural assessments for Structures' assets.
- Participate in gauging runs for Structures Assets throughout the network.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Minimum of a Construction related Degree with at least 3 years' experience in design, inspection and examination, construction and supervision of civil engineering projects OR possess a minimum of a construction related HND with at least 5 years' experience in design, inspection and examination, construction and supervision of civil engineering projects.
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary Design / Construction Team.
- Ability to understand and implement inspection and examination procedures.
- Ability to lead on planning and programming the Examinations with the Structures Maintenance Contractor and giving instructions and directions to site squads
- Experience of Project Management, Planning and Control processes and methodologies within a construction environment.
- Ability to maintain accurate inspection records and produce reports and project documentation
(A full job specification and application form can be provided upon application)
If you feel this "Structures Examination Engineer " role is something you may be interested in please contact Damien or Anne in Belfast for further information.
If you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Wellington Professional Recruitment