You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Graduate/Trainee Sales Engineer
A rare opportunity to join the Sales team in a large multinational engineering company to provide technical sales support for both standard and bespoke machined products to the mining, food and beverage, pulp and paper, metals, cement, marine and waste water industries.
- Manage sales process for new enquiries and existing key accounts
- Help with the management of sales process for all standard and bespoke products
- Translate technical requirements from drawings to ensure correct product is supplied
- Establish relationships and professional credibility with our customer base
- Manage customer enquiries via phone and email.
- Raise customer quotations for their requirements
- Work with others associates to develop and deliver cost saving solutions
- Through an understanding of customer drivers, builds ability to influence customer decisions pertaining to new solutions, products and prototype applications
- Builds sales competencies in discovering hidden customer needs, representing customer needs, handling objections, etc.
- Facilitate customer interaction and coordinate with Marketing, Customer Service, Customer Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and other functional areas
- Works with Customer Engineering on complex system analyses, including bearing selection on non-standard part number or types
- Obtains application details from customers (including new or atypical designs)
- Sales Plan Execution: Collaborates with sales manager to develop customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost business, pricing plans, new business attainment
- Learns to gather and submit customer and market knowledge
- New Business Development and support of current business
- Evaluates competitors’ products and selling/market strategy
- Project Assignments: Responsible for projects as assigned and directed by sales manager
- May deliver customer-training or internal training presentations
- Work closely with key suppliers to gain information required for quoting accurate lead times and material costs for new items
- Raises and issues internal KPI’s for delivery performance and quotation success
- Communicates directly with partner companies to facilitate customer requests with quotations / orders
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Some experience in sales or a years placement within engineering
Apply for further details and comprehensive job specification
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Gater Engineering Limited