You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Infrastructure Section Engineer
As Translink new Infrastructure Section Engineer you will identify, organise and deliver the safe and efficient maintenance of Track Assets to ensure the safety of public, passengers and staff. Previous experience in the rail industry is not mandatory however experience in safe execution and reliable operation of critical infrastructure works must be demonstrated.
Translink is Northern Ireland main public transport provider with a strategy to maintain and grow passenger and network capacity, with plans to introduce higher-speed service, track upgrades, station refurbs and new builds, refurbishment of trains and upgrade ticketing systems.
Please note that application forms must be submitted ‘online’ before noon on Tuesday 20th Aug 2019 so early application is advisable.
As the successful Infrastructure Section Engineer your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensure the delivery of a strict regime of checks, inspections, patrols and measurements to provide full, up to date knowledge of the condition of track assets.
- Identify, plan and deliver maintenance works with sub-contractors and in-house teams.
- Manage resources to deliver works efficiently to agreed targets of cost and time.
- Safe planning, briefing and execution of all works undertaken by maintenance teams and contractors.
- Provide first-line management/engineering cover for unforeseen events outside normal working hours. Implement procedures and allocate resources to provide 24/7 emergency cover.
A detailed job description for this ‘Infrastructure Section Engineer role and an application form can be provided upon request.
To be considered for this Infrastructure Section Engineer role you will have:
- Minimum of a degree in a relevant engineering or construction discipline with at least 3 years of relevant experience in a practical engineering environment.
- Possess a minimum of an HND in a relevant engineering or construction discipline with at least 5 years of relevant experience in a practical engineering environment.
- Experience in a practical engineering environment working with plant, labour and materials to undertake engineering and construction work.
- Experience in managing in-house staff and external people.
- Experience of applying health, safety and environmental legislation requirements.
- Experience in asset condition inspection, workload prioritisation and technical specification.
- Ability to maintain inspection records and compile and present engineering and project reports.
It would be desirable if candidates had the following:
- NEBOSH qualification or equivalent.
If you feel this "Infrastructure Section Engineer” role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown.
Contact Damien or Anne if you would like to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Wellington Professional Recruitment