You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
We are now looking to recruit an Engineering Manager to join our team. This role will cover our sites across the country; therefore, a willingness to travel and previous experience of leading a national team of engineers is essential.
Joining our team, the Engineering Manager will lead and manage a team which provides technical support and troubleshooting for all assets within Viridor's Powergen portfolio. A key part of this role is to ensure consistent engineering excellence in terms of standards and industry best practice across all disciplines.
The Engineering Manager will also be responsible for the training, development and competency assessment of the operations and maintenance teams across the Powergen business. This will also include leading, organising and providing leadership to the apprenticeship schemes.
You'll provide technical support, training and development to the Asset Analyst team in the CCR, ensuring assets are protected in the remote state. Additionally, you will liaise with the compliance team to ensure relevant engineering policies and procedures are reviewed and regularly updated.
The ideal Engineering Manager:
- Minimum of five years' experience of leading a geographically dispersed team looking after the operation and maintenance of internal combustion gas and diesel engines and their associated equipment
- Extensive engineering and operations experience in a heavy engineering environment
- Planned preventative maintenance of large reciprocating Powergen assets
- Practical experience of engine, plant process maintenance and diagnostics
- Electrical and electronic experience in low voltage system
- City & Guilds, HND, Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Tactful, strong and resilient in demanding situations
- Strong ICT literacy, including CMMS, MS Office and finance systems
- Full UK driving licence.
Rewards and Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Engineering Manager, we can offer a competitive salary plus company car and excellent benefits, including pension, optional healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.