You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Trainee Commercial Catering or Refrigeration Technician
Trainee Commercial Catering or Refrigeration Technician
Female & Male Trainees - Commercial Catering or Refrigeration Technicians - City & Guilds Assured Programme
Hi, we are Matt and Paul, and we are now on the hunt for our next cohort of trainees for January 2020.
We are looking for both female and male Technicians to join us, just like Laura, Ellen & George did, they've all successfully been through our Technical Academy and passed with flying colours, none of them having had any prior knowledge of commercial kitchen maintenance, they are all part of a team of 85 field-based technicians and we are rapidly growing! Want to know more?
Do want to learn a new trade and want to be successful in long-term career? Are you up for a 2-year, paid training programme and have what it takes to become a highly skilled and qualified Commercial Catering or Refrigeration Technician?
Then look no further...! Paul and I are waiting to hear from you.
Who are we?
MCFT is a leading industry provider of commercial kitchen service and maintenance in the UK and abroad. We are proud to have been awarded the Princess Royal Training Award for our Technical Academy in 2017, as well as being awarded City & Guilds Assured status for our Training Academy, we pride ourselves on the strong relationships we have with our customer base of blue-chip, prestigious establishments and organisations from a range of industries.
We are growing rapidly and to support this growth, we have a great opportunity for 15 Trainees to join our Commercial Catering and Refrigeration Programme, to start in January 2020.
You will be enrolled onto our City & Guilds Assured Technical Academy, which will see you progress from a Trainee to City and Guilds Assured Technician, within a 24-month period. You will be assigned a dedicated, experienced coach who will provide you with 1-2-1 people, technical and commercial skills to successfully develop a long career with MCFT. You will also attend weekly hands on technical training at our prestigious off-site facility.
What a Typical Day Looks Like:
- There isn't one! Every day is different, different locations and different customers - from schools and colleges to commercial kitchens at well-known sporting venues. Have a look at our website to see the types of customers we work with.
- You will be building your portfolio to evidence your competence in each area of the training programme giving a structured approach to your learning.
- You will be carrying out preventive maintenance, call-outs and repairs on a wide variety of commercial kitchen equipment.
- You will have your own allocated sites upon completion of the trainee programme where you will build relationships with your customers and really get to know the ins and outs of each kitchen you come across.
Hear it from Laura - 'I can't believe it! I can now diagnose faults on many items of kit in a commercial kitchen as well as fit new parts. Since joining I have learnt so much, I'm delighted to be part of the team and love the MCFT culture!' (Joined January 2018)
Ellen says - 'I'm so grateful for the opportunity MCFT has given me, they invest in my development no end and always encourage learning. The team are really caring and so supportive, especially whilst you are learning. The customer sites we get to work in are amazing, I'd never dreamed I'd be visiting such famous places or have such great career prospects after only a few years in the industry.'
George says, 'I couldn't believe I got in. This is an incredible opportunity and I have learnt so much in such a short space of time, the guys in the team have made me feel so welcome, it is the best move I ever made'. (Joined June 2018)
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive starting salary, with the opportunity to increase every 3 months
- City & Guilds Assured training and development programme
- Company vehicle and phone
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Income protection
- Health cash plans
- Share Options
- Discretionary bonus
- Excellent opportunities for progression
- As we are looking for people to join us for a career, rather than a job, we expect a minimum four-year investment from you. If you were to leave before this time period, training costs would be applicable.
- Must have held a full UK Manual Drivers licence for a minimum of one year
- Must be prepared to commit a minimum of 4 years to work with us
- Must have enthusiasm and a good attitude to learning
- Must be willing to travel (van is provided)
- Give us a call if you would like to talk about becoming a trainee with us. To apply please send us your CV! Our Recruitment team will talk you through your career history and aspirations.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to our trainee assessment day on 13th November 2019. The day consists of various activities to test your enthusiasm, team working and will include a guided technical task.
- If you are selected, you will join the MCFT Team on Monday 13th January 2020 to start your training programme and career with us.
We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully seeing you at our assessment day.
Best Wishes, Matt and Paul (Technical Leads, MCFT)
Strictly no agencies - we are looking for people who manage their own future!
Proud member of the Disability Confident Employer scheme
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.