You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Head of Engineering
Salary £75k - £125 all dependent on experience and market
Location: Manchester - North West
Exceptional Opportunity with my client , They are looking for an Head of Engineering who can learn their sector / Industry , learn of the best and demonstrate mass drive on Succession Planning to become their Head of Engineering , must have Mechanical , Electrical Engineering experience ,and come from Heavy Plant , Dirty Engineering Service Background experience - extremely exciting for the right person
The Role: The role is all about learning from the Director of Engineering and to become the companies Head of Engineering for the immediate and foreseeable future. This role will be all about spending time in their sector / industry learn about the plants and facilities / Machinery and digest as much as possible from someone who has been there and done it. You will be involved in the following
- Embed yourself into the business get in amongst the Mobile and Fixed Plants
- Learn quickly from existing Lead and Pick his brains with regards to everything about the plants and machinery
- Build Relationships with Suppliers
- Look and control all elements of Stock
- Manage and plan / maintain Maintenance Plans / Maintenance Teams
- Look at the output of Machinery important in order to supply to Director so he has accurate figures for the investors for future investment.
- Build and bring team together
- Look at building an Apprenticeship programme for engineering and the business
- Lead on the role
- Build and create a close loop Solution
The Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate will be and must recognise that this sector / industry requires a down to earth individual who can work with Flat structure. This person must be an individual who can get on all levels and be hands on. You will need to be flexible and want to learn from existing lead as the opportunity is vast. My client is happy that you come from good process of large Multi-National nevertheless understand that working for a SME with aggressive growth plans requires a different person - someone who can do and with less resources. Forward thinking and positive in your outlook. Ideally from: Heavy Plant, Industrial Heavy Plant eg Concreting, Quarrying, Scrap Metal , any dirty sector where heaving machinery involved and Engineering is key .
Key Words: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Scrap Metal, Waste Management, Heavy Plant , Power Stations , Steel and Metal Industry , Engineering Manager , Head of Engineering
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.