You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Zone Engineering Manager
Zone Engineering Manager, Hull
We’re looking for inspirational and motivated individuals to help transform our engineering maintenance team into a world class function.
This role is crucial in the development of our business and you will be responsible for a team of skilled engineers that cover four respective production zones across our two bakeries in Hull.
This is an exciting and ambitious time here at Jacksons, and this gives you the opportunity to contribute to our continued growth and success. You’ll make a real difference, leading and developing the asset care engineering workforce, ensuring full compliance of occupational and food safety.
The working pattern for this role is Monday – Friday, totalling 37.5 hours per week. However, due to the nature of the business a degree of flexibility is required, and as such this role may be required to work outside of these hours at times.
* Apply maintenance principles in accordance with the engineering strategy and oversee the completion and analysis of reactive work by production zone.
* Organise and plan maintenance activities for the respective zone, ensuring assets are maintained safely and cost effectively in order to meet agreed performance measures.
* Lead and develop the shift engineering resource to deliver objectives effectively and safely.
* Ensure that skills and competency gaps are identified and addressed, ensuring training plans are appropriate for the team.
* Promote health and safety compliance with all Jacksons’ colleagues and our contractors, ensuring appropriate risk assessments and safe systems are in place.
* Ensure that all relevant activities in the zone of responsibility are in compliance with engineering, process safety, machinery safety and hygiene requirements.
* Relevant engineering qualification or served a full engineering apprenticeship. Knowledge of both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
* Significant practical engineering experience including a supervisory role managing people.
* Experience of automated equipment including packaging machinery and conveyor systems.
* Excellent communications skills.
* Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations.
* Excellent computer skills (MS Office, CAD).
* Experience working with PLC based control systems.
* Knowledge of CMMS programmes.
* Experience with Continuous Improvement Process.
You will have previous practical engineering experience within a food manufacturing environment, supported by a degree or equivalent level qualification from a relevant discipline. You will be experienced in working on continuous improvement initiatives, and be able to demonstrate their effectiveness; in addition to holding health and safety qualifications.
You are a practical problem solver, eager to take on new responsibilities and challenges and may be working towards professional registration.
You will have excellent people management and communication skills, and you will be an effective and collaborative leader with a strong attention to detail.
Jacksons is part of William Jackson Food Group, a sixth generation family business founded by William Jackson when he opened his first shop in Hull in September 1851. Today we have a portfolio of five food businesses in distinct, yet complimentary market areas, employing over 2,000 people. We also have a pub!
We have occupied the current site in Hull since 1907 and we now have 3 bread plants in our main bakery. We recently developed a second bakery, also at our site in Hull, which specialises in premium quality roll, wrap and ciabatta production.
We specialise in the supply of bread and other carriers to the sandwich manufacturers, foodservice and export channels, and in 2012 we launched our consumer facing brand “Jackson’s Yorkshire’s Champion”.
We’ve recently built a brand-new site in Corby, Northamptonshire – one of the largest investments our Group has ever made – and this will allow us to realise our ambition of being the best at what we do.
2019 is an exciting time to join us!
Please note we reserve the right to close this recruitment campaign before the advertised closing date. As such, we advise you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.