Design Engineering Manager
A unique opportunity has arisen to join a SME Medical Device company that is working in a highly innovative market.
- New product development managing multiple projects
- Manage and lead a team of design engineers with a diverse mix of skills and abilities to deliver required outputs and solutions
- Provide technical support and direction to the design team
- Manage project costs, deadlines and technical design
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Ensure that designs comply with all appropriate customer requirements and meet regulatory requirements
- Ensure the highest levels of quality and productivity are maintained within the team and department
Skills & Experience:
Qualifications & Experience
- Extensive experience in 3D CAD modelling and drafting
- Strong working knowledge of Solidworks
- Extensive experience in a product design and development role
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle, gated design phases, design reviews and projects etc
- Line Management experience within a design engineering environment
- Ability to build and test prototypes to high standards
- Comfortable with ‘failure’ in the context of multiple iterations of testing and learning
- Willing to get hands dirty and carry out a variety of work, ranging from business planning of new products through to modelling and drafting of components/assemblies as world load commands
- Qualification in Engineering
- Medical knowledge based on medical training and/or experience in medical practice would be a distinct advantage.
If this opportunity sounds of interest please click Apply Now!
Harris Lord is acting as an employment agency for this role.
Key words: Design Engineer Manager, NPD, 3D CAD Modelling, SolidWorks, Research and Development, Injection moulding, Materials, Engineering, Medical