Trescal is a worldwide specialist in calibration, headquartered in Paris, France and located in 24 countries, covering Europe, Americas, Asia (Singapore) and North Africa. We have 50,000 customers, over 3,500 employees globally with nearly 500 in the UK.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Infrastructure Support Engineer in our IT team, based in our UK headquarters in Yateley Hampshire.
This is a fixed term contract for 6 months initially with the possible opportunity of becoming a permanent position.
We offer a highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, flexible benefits programme, voluntary benefits and Perkbox.
At Trescal, every employee is the entrepreneur of their job and their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity.
We offer development programmes (ILM accredited) to support development and your career.
Our commitment to our teams:
- Provide a rewarding and ethical work environment
- Measure performance in a standardized way to reward the performance of each and every one.
- Identify, recognize and develop expertise
- Regularly train our co-workers to build a learning company.
Purpose of Job
Excellent opportunity for an Infrastructure Support Engineer to be responsible for 3rd line support of the core network Infrastructure and security services for Trescal UK
- Internal Network Support at all UK sites
- Strong understanding of server technology (SQL Server, Windows Server)
- Maintaining capacity management
- Management of 3rd party suppliers and contractors
Documentation – user guides/virtualisation/firewall/cloud services
- Occasionally you may be required to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given.
- Job is mainly based at Yateley HQ, you must be able & willing to travel to other UK Trescal sites where needed. Transport can be provided for this if required.
Skills, Competencies & Experience Required
Infrastructure support Engineer with at least 1-2 years hands on experience in similar role
Key areas of expertise:
- Windows Server 2008R2 – 2016
- Dell PowerEdge Servers
- Hyper-V Environment administration
- VMware ESX experience
- Network Switch configuration (HP) – Basic Knowledge
- SonicWALL Firewall – Basic Knowledge
- Server Upgrades
- Server Build and setup (WDS)
- Office 365/Admin portal
- Veritas NetBackup (or similar)
- Experience of managing 3rd party suppliers and contractors
- Infrastructure project work
- Start Date
- Contract Length
- Contact Name
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference
- Job ID