You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Come and join an internationally recognised, fast paced business as an Engineering Manager. You'll be heading up a close-knit team of around 4 individuals as it stands, although this is looking to increase at the moment, and have the full autonomy to truly add value and drive all-round performance on site.
As it stands the Maintenance plans are run through a spreadsheet. This needs to change. They do however have Shire as their CMMS which isn't full utilised. There's a decent sized budget in place, circa £450K per annum and every year differs, however around £1m-£6m in CAPEX too.
The business is partnered with some of the biggest names in the industry, which sometimes speaks for itself, meaning, quality, health & safety and all-round processes are top priorities to the company. With supplying to so many different industries as well, you can be sure that stability is on offer as well.
More about the role as Engineering Manager:
- From day one you are going to need to "lift the lid" check out what processes and ways of working they have in place now, and put a plan together on how you are going to improve these.
- You'll need to make their processes more modern, come away from pesky spreadsheets and really take ownership of this.
- They run Siemens S5 & S7 PLC's on site, you don't need to have an abundance of knowledge around this as your team do, but obviously if you are able to look into this and make any changes that need to be done, it'll be beneficial.
- Automation is key with this one, looking at ways to fully utilise what you have on site as well as updating some of the machinery and really putting that budget to good use.
What you need to be considered for this Engineering Manager role:
- Previously held one of the following titles, or equivalent: Chief Engineer, Head of Engineering, Engineering Manager or similar.
- Worked within a similar sort of industry, anything that is fast paced, highspeed machinery and process driven will be considered.
- Suitably qualified, preferably within an Electrical discipline.
- Plenty of budget management experience.
- Proven track record of coming into a business, shaking things up and making improvements. Quickly.
In return, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 20% annual bonus, high-level matched pension scheme and more. To summarise, you'll need to be an expert in improving everything and anything to do with Automation and Engineering, systems driven, but most importantly, having a proven track record of this.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.