You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
Up to £38,000
The Company: Mechanical design engineer
This is a new position within a growing mechanical design engineering team that design, develop and manufacture advanced communication and intelligent systems for the Defence, Aerospace and Marine markets. They are looking for a mechanical design engineer to create new designs as well as update existing products including ruggedised enclosures and racking systems.
Role responsibilities: Mechanical design engineer
- Carry out concept and detailed design and prepare assembly drawings using 2D and 3D cad software
- Liaise with external partners to conduct finite element modelling and simulation work
- Provide support as required to junior designers and sub contract designers
- Produce 3D printed models as required
- Be responsible for conducting design reviews (Design for Manufacture/Assembly/Test)
- Proactively support Design/Process failure mode and effects reviews
- Work closely with fabrication/machine shop facilities in construction of prototypes
- Proactively alert design and project teams to risks and potential mitigation actions
- Ensure that all design work is cost optimised
- Identify/implement opportunities to improve design process robustness/efficiency
- Ensure that Company Design Work Instructions are followed and where appropriate suggest changes or improvements to processes with efficiency and diligence in mind
Skills: Mechanical design engineer
- Proven skills in a mechanical design engineer role working on sheetmetal fabrications, electronics packaging, rugged enclosures, 19” racking, Communication systems etc
- Engineering HNC/apprenticeship/HND/degree highly desirable
- Proven competence in 2D & 3D CAD (Autodesk Inventor), Autodesk Vault, Microsoft Office Excel and Word essential
- Ideal experience in a fast-paced engineering environment, preferably Defence or Aerospace related
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a team
- Professional and conscientious approach and manner
The company is located in Gosport which is commutable from Portsmouth and Southampton. They will also consider candidates who are looking to relocate to the area.
As the business works in the Defence market they require candidates who can undergo UK MoD security clearance checks.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Marcus Webb Associates Limited