You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Manpower are working with a company based in Nuneaton who is seeking a Maintenance Fitter. Part of the engineering team, this role provides support to maximise plant production, in line with their health and safety procedures and sustainability goals.
The mission of the role is to support the business in its objective to supplying packaged material to market by the means of proactive and reactive maintenance and engineering support. The role works as part of a department that offers day to day specialist support with a view to maximising production requirements and to suitably preserve and maintain core company assets. The primary focus must remain on legal requirements.
Experience of working with packing machines, conveyors and other plant is required, as well as the electrical maintenance of motors, contactor and sensors. An understanding of pneumatics and fabrication methods (welding, cutting and grinding) is advantageous. You will also have appropriate NVQs and, ideally, a counterbalance forklift and MEWP license.
- Report to business as required, weekly/monthly.
- Maintain packing plant in a flexible and reactive manner
- Mechanical repair to packing machines, conveyors and other plant
- Have a basic understanding of Electrical maintenance i.e. motors, contactors ,sensors and PLC I/O
- Knowledge and experience of Fabrication work i.e. welding, gas cutting, grinding
- Proactive in identifying problems and finding solutions
- Be able to work well as a team and on their own initiative
- Knowledge of Pneumatics
With an excellent remuneration package, this is a great opportunity for a motivated individual with good communication skills and a strong understanding of current health and safety legislation and risk management.
The full-time role will require flexible working, including weekends and shutdown periods.
Shift patterns are (phone number removed)/ (phone number removed) and (phone number removed)
- Ideally NVQ level qualified
- Counterbalance Forklift and MEWP licence preferable
- Occupational qualifications (Welding / Cutting / Grinding etc.)
- Minimum of an IOSH certificate in Safety; although this training could be supplied to support an appointment.
- Ideally trained in Risk Assessment / Risk Management principles
- Knowledge of cement, aggregates, RMC and building products business
Should you wish to be considered or would like more information, please contact your most local Manpower branch and speak with Ryan Gillespie.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.