You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical Design Engineer / Project Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer / Project Manager to join an engineering firm which specialises in the motor racing and automotive market.
Working alongside a highly experienced, prestigious small team the Project Manager will support and lead the Mechanical Design Lead to support the detailed final design, develop and test the product range.
We are looking for the following experience -
*Planning and managing projects, including technology development projects
*Resource allocation and tracking
*Supplier Management - competent/parts negotiation
*Project cost tracking and forecasting
*Advanced use of MS Project
*Sourcing and working with manufacturers and suppliers of COTS components
The mechanical design aspect of the role includes -
* CAD experience ideally but not essentially in SolidEdge (alternatively NX, CATIA, SolidWorks).
* Design of structural metalwork including welded and bolted assemblies
* Bearing selection and calculation
* Electro-mechanical assemblies involving bearings, motors, actuators
* Finite Element Analysis (FE / FEA) ideally including "modal analysis"
* Production of drawings for manufacture
* Locating and working with suppliers of fabrications and COTS components
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
People Source Consulting