You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Engineering Maintenance Fitter #12539469
Engineering Maintenance Fitter
DOE c£25-35k + pension + excellent long-term benefits.
One of the success stories in UK exports, this global player in chemical products is undergoing an extensive programme of capital equipment expenditure, after being acquired by one of the largest corporations in the world. As a result of the multi-million-pound capital equipment investment, the business is transitioning into a 24/7 manufacturing operation. This a really exciting time to join the business.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to join an exciting, vibrant business that is undergoing significant expansion. Following recent success, our client is continuing on a global expansion trajectory with market expansion throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. To join this team you will have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience dealing with mechanical and pneumatic equipment and processes. The plant is moving from a Monday to Friday shift pattern to a 24/7 model due to expansion.
- Planned/Preventative maintenance: Conduct routine maintenance on machinery and equipment to ensure they run efficiently at all times. The modern plant and machinery depends on carefully planned maintenance to avoid expensive shut-downs.
- Emergency maintenance: Diagnosis and repair of electrical, electronic, mechanical and pneumatic faults in machinery.
- Fault Diagnosis: Use technical manuals or diagrams to help locate a fault. This will require use of a wide range of tools and testing equipment.
- Health & Safety: Necessary safety precautions must be taken when working with dangerous substances or machinery at all times, in line with standard operating procedures. The health, safety and well-being of all staff is of paramount importance.
- On-site work: Fitter may work indoors in the factory or production plant, or outdoors depending on nature of maintenance work.
- Working hours: The maintenance fitter will work 35 to 40 hours a week, over five days from Monday to Friday. The role will not require night or weekend work, however the fitter may be on call for emergency maintenance callouts on nights and weekends, usually on a rota basis and will have to respond quickly should machinery break down.
- Minimum 3 to 4 years of relevant experience working in a production/manufacturing environment that requires planned, preventative and emergency maintenance of machinery.
- HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline with experience in dealing with mechanical and pneumatic equipment and processes.
DOE £25-35k basic + pension + excellent benefits
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.