You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer
Job Title: Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer
Salary: Circa £37,000 + Overtime, Training, Progression
Shifts: 4 on 4 off - Nights (6pm-6am)
We are seeking a Multiskilled Engineer to join an expanding maintenance team operating and undertaking planned maintenance and inspections of an innovative manufacturing plant. Offering support to the production and maintenance team and promoting the development and implementation of the factory system.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Operation of production machinery and providing maintenance service, departmental support and mechanical
repairs ensuring that all production targets are maintained.
* Monitor & supply production and engineering support of machine set-up & changeovers to ensure that the
product conforms to any quality assurance standards and ensuring changeovers are as efficient as possible.
* Daily liaison with the Shift Production Manager to ensure that all production and maintenance requirements are
undertaken in any allocated work area
* As an engineering member of the Production team promote the development and implementation of the Factory
* Design, fabrication and machining of parts and structures to service the needs of the business.
* As a member of the Production Department applying rigorous application using TPM Tools & Techniques to generate Continuous Improvement throughout all work areas.
* As a member of the Production team applying the 5S principles to deliver world-class standards of housekeeping. To carry out essential planned maintenance and complete necessary repairs to keep the factory in good working order.
- Provide electrical maintenance cover through effective and efficient response to plant breakdowns throughout the factory.
- Learning necessary skills to be able to operate all areas of plant to ensure correct operation following maintenance work.
The Factory is continuously improving and moving forwards and it is essential that the Engineering Operative adapts
to these changes.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
* Recognized Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship & Qualification.
* Flexible & self-motivated working attitude to combine both engineering and operational skills.
* Numerate & literate.
* Team working attitude.
* Pneumatics, hydraulics, bench fitting and welding skills.
* High degree of Health & Safety awareness.
* Experience of working in a TPM or similar environment.
* Experience of a modern manufacturing environment.
* Ability to fault find, repair and provide solutions to problems.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.