You can save this job and apply at a later date.
This is a great opportunity for a Fabricator in Leicester commutable from Wigston, Oadby, Whetstone, Leicester and surrounding areas
0630 - 1530 Mon - Thurs
0630 - 1230 Fri
The successful Fabricator will be working for an employer who envied by its competitors
Keeps a well run, clean and efficient shop floor
The successful fabricator will be a proactive and competent member of the Company you will be responsible for the fabrication and final fitting of multiple parts to ensure internal and customer demands are met.
Main responsibilities include:
The fabrication, MIG and TIG welding, assembly of sheet metal products and equipment
Work may include:
Setting up and operating fabricating machines;
Use of hand tools to cut, bend and straighten sheet metal;
Shaping metal over blocks or forms using hammer;
Inspecting, assembling and smoothing seams and joints of welded, brazed or burred surfaces.
The role may involve assembly fitting to complete units or sub-assemblies, using various tools and/or special equipment, bonding point preparation, the use of bonding products or adhesives, riveting and wire locking.
Reading engineering drawings
- MIG welding mild steel and aluminium
- TIG welding
- Minimum 2 year sheet metal/fabrication apprenticeship or the ability to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of machines, tools, including use, repair and maintenance.
- The ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to the organisation's ever changing requirements are a priority.
- Self motivated with a drive for results and continual improvement.
- The role requires physical activity including lifting.
The following benefits are available to the successful Welder
Overtime available at a premium, quarterly bonuses once available
Interested? To apply for the Fabricator Position, here are your two options:
1. "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let's talk through your experience. Ask for Sharon on (phone number removed) between 8am - 5pm or (phone number removed) outside of these hours.
2. "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to be get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know
Precision are committed to keeping our candidates informed and offer a guaranteed response within 7 days when applying through the application system
About Precision People
This role is posted by Precision People, specialists in Engineering, Technical, Consultancy, Sales and Executive Search Recruitment. Operating since 2004, we have placed hundreds of engineers in fantastic new roles. Precision covers the whole spectrum of engineering roles from Welders, Fabricators, CNC Machinists, Panel Wireman up to Production Managers. We have many engineering roles around the East Midlands including Leicester, Coventry, Derby, Nottingham, Coalville and Northampton, so get in touch today.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.