You can save this job and apply at a later date.
We are recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to be based at a static site in the Liverpool area. This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8:00 - 16:30. This is a temporary ongoing position to start as soon as possible, Mon-Fri circa 40 hours per week paying £14.40ph PAYE.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the preventative and reactive maintenance of the primary heating systems on site. This is an important role within the workflow process; the person will be actively involved in developing detailed knowledge, ensuring compliance, and the maintenance of the core plant and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
· To understand the working of mechanical heating systems.
· Diagnose and repair faults of the system and its component plant and equipment.
· To deal with new situations as they arise and pass on knowledge to others.
· To inform the immediate Supervisor of any delays or difficulties encountered.
· To be familiar with working in engineering areas and environments - taking all safety measures to prevent danger, damage and avoid injury.
· Knowledge of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and the correct use of the same.
· To be available, within reason, to work at short notice, out of normal hours, in emergency situations.
· To be aware of the criticality of the heating system and the requirement to maintain full operation at all times.
· To be knowledgeable in the control of legionella in water systems (HSE Books L8) and statutory Water Regulations
Skills & Background Required :
DBS check required but not essential immediately
· City & Guilds (or equivalent) Mechanical qualifications.
· Indentured apprenticeship or equivalent training.
· Understanding of mechanical and electrical aspects of plant, systems and equipment.
· CHP experience would be advantageous.
· Experience of work with up LTHW/MTHW to 4-megawatt boilers.
· Ability to use hand tools, associated trade tools, equipment and machinery for maintenance, repair and minor improvement/new work to the required standard.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Good understanding of Health and Safety(IOSH or NEBOSH preferred)
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS a re a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.