You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Materials Engineering Manager
This is a multifaceted role and has varied and challenging components to it including materials, quality, safety, people management, continuos improvement and cross function communication.
As an Engineering Manager your duties will include:
• Managing the Materials Group so that operations are supported to ensure that production schedules and customer needs are met whilst continually improving processes in order to achieve higher performance.
• Ensuring that agreed customer deadlines are achieved and that customers always receive a high standard of service. This includes both internal and external customers.
• Scheduling resources in order to meet requirements and ensure the organisation of priorities to achieve the plan.
• Ensuring that all operations under your area of control are managed effectively.
• Participating, identifying, developing and implementing continuous improvement activities throughout the Group.
• Undertaking any other duties, specified by the Technical Director to fulfil the business needs. This will primarily be of a technical / metallurgical nature.
To be a successful Engineering Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
• Degree/ higher or equivalent in Metallurgy or Materials Science with relevant experience in melting, heat treatment, forging and properties of a wide range of steels, nickel base superalloys, titanium alloys and other alloys.
• Management skills required to run the administrative aspects of the Materials Engineering Department.
• Ability to manage and allocate time and resource to satisfy metallurgical issues for both the facility and external customer demands.
• Good communication skills and computer literacy.
The successful candidate will be working Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week) and in return, the Manager will receive an excellent salary (commensurate with skills and expereince) and benefits including holidays entitlement of 33 days per year (including stats) rising to 35 after 5 years’ service, a company pension with minimum 5% employee contribution with employer matching up to 10% and a quarterly bonus (discretionary bonus paid quarterly if targets achieved, so will vary).
Please apply online immediately for your CV to be considered for this role.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.