You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Band 6 Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Poole and Bournemouth ***Candidates must be flexible to travel to these areas***
Job Type: Temporary
Duration of booking: This is expected to be up to 16 months and could be longer
Pay rate: £13.00 to £17.00 per hour paye plus holiday or £14.95 to £19.55 per hour umbrella depending on skill and experience
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: Monday to Friday working 37.5 hours per week, this is expected to be 9.00am to 5.00pm, the successful candidate must be flexible to work other working hours. May also be required to be oncall outside the normal operational hours.
My client is looking for someone who will be the lead specialist in their area of expertise providing support for all aspects of application support.
Infrastructure Engineer duties will include:
- Providing support on network security and access issues within the Trusts
- Network and server changes within the Trusts
- Systems administration on a wide range of servers;
- Providing management of data security where this relates to access issues for a wide range of servers and applications
- Providing a remedial support service for all networked computer services within the Trusts
- Maintaining records of work carried out using software employed by the IT Department
- To liaise with a wide range of external suppliers;
- Supporting all other members of the IT Team;
- Providing ad-hoc assistance to contribute to the smooth running of the IT Department;
- Providing and maintaining network documentation
- In-depth knowledge on network design, construction and management in a large organisation. This knowledge must be demonstrable both at the theory and management levels.
- Specialised knowledge and qualifications in current Cisco networks architecture and management is essential.
- Experience of managing IT infrastructures, servers, and storage solutions in a large organisation is essential
- Knowledge in Virtualisation (VMware), SAN storage in a clustered environment, and Disaster Recovery implementation and management is desirable but not essential.
- Must have a sound working knowledge of systems administration in multi-platform environments employing Storage Area Network technology, including current platforms employed within the Trusts.
- Very high level of competence on relevant server operating systems. Sound Working knowledge of support issues and fault investigation and resolution within a large IT network.
- Willing to provide effective systems administration to directly resolve problems.
- Ability to write concise and professional documentation using packages employed by THE TRUSTS and, when appropriate, investigate the use of new documentation packages.
- Must have a sound working knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols and routing. Sound understanding of network switches, firewalls and associated issues.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Your World Recruitment Ltd