You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Graduate Structural Civil Engineer
Graduate Structural Civil Engineer – Manchester
£25-35,000 - negotiable
My client is a leading building design firm operating throughout the UK but reside In Manchester.
The Manchester civil engineering team work collaboratively on challenging, high profile projects with both internal and external architects, engineers and designers across the North. Our projects include the provision of civil engineering designs associated with building developments and public realm projects, from the early master planning stage through to delivery of solutions on site, highway infrastructure projects and civil engineering master planning including flood risk.
This role represents a key position within the civil engineering team, with the successful candidate assisting in the development and growth of the team.
The role will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Design of projects from the concept stage through to the construction stage
- Management and development of team members
- Development of client relationships
- Assisting directors in seeking out and securing new opportunities
- Resourcing and financial monitoring and reporting
- Developing good relationships with professions
Your knowledge, experience and education
You will have proven experience in a similar design consultancy, and preferably, experience of working on site as a site/resident engineer.
You will have relevant post qualification (MICE) experience and good knowledge and experience of the following areas of civil engineering design:
- Drainage schemes associated with buildings, highways, public realm and landscape projects
- Highway and pavement design associated with building projects
- Undertaking of designs for section 38, 278 and 104 agreements
- Ground modelling
- Master planning
- Assessment of flood risk
You will have a good knowledge of civil engineering construction principles and standards
You will have strong practical knowledge of Civils 3D, PDS, AutoCAD and WINDES and be confident in your knowledge of relevant design standards and legislation
Your Personal Skills
- Highly motivated and passionate about delivering projects to time, budget and quality
- Organised and methodical with particular attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Have a pragmatic approach and possess strong problem solving techniques
- Be commercially aware
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships at all levels with clients and employees alike and across all professional disciplines
- Able to manage Client expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with an ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
If you would like any more information and would like to discuss further please don't hesitate in contacting James Dawson – Director – on (phone number removed) / (phone number removed)
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
PMD Recruitment Solutions