You can save this job and apply at a later date.
SEN INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER - WIN SERVER, VMWARE, DATA CENTRES
My global client has an opportunity for an experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the core IT infrastructure organisation within the UK Information Technology function. The function is responsible for the design, management, maintenance and upkeep of the core Data Centres and information systems in 2 main locations in the UK. You will be primarily responsible for supporting the core data centres and IT infrastructure.
This role is critical to the core infrastructure service layer, requiring a technical expert who can manage complexity and deliver key infrastructure upgrades and services while assuring the clients ability to deliver both internal and external services.
• Knowledge of Data Centre Management, covering power and cooling as well as design and implementation of infrastructure (hardware, software and network), maintenance and operations.
• IT technical certifications in one or more of the following technology areas: HP Server, VMWare, Microsoft Server 2012/16, Citrix Xendesktop, HP 3PAR, Brocade fibre channel, Active directory, SCCM, App-V, SCOM, SCEP or Bitlocker.
• Expert knowledge in the implementation, support and administration of Microsoft Windows Server (2008/2012/2016)
• Expert in VMware ESX 5.5/6+ and vSphere
• Demonstrated expertise in Windows Active Directory (DNS/Group Policies)
• Demonstrated experience in preparing and managing Service Level agreements, KPI reports and metrics across all services within Data Centre.
• ITIL qualification
• High level of proficiency in MS Project or other robust scheduling/schedule presentation tools.
• Experience with data centre automation, provisioning tools and technologies such as Nightwatchman, Chef, Puppet or use of PowerCLI
• Data Centre certification
• Qualification in VCP-DCV a plus
It is essential that you hold current or are eligible for SC Government Clearance for this great opportunity! If you are thinking of a fresh challenge and interested in hearing more, please send me an up to date cv
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
People Source Consulting