You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Shutter & Gates Engineer
A bit about us
Arcus is driven by over 3,000 people. We bring together the unique skills, knowledge and experience that our clients really value. Our behaviours are aligned to encourage our people to share ways of doing something better, saving time, effort or money. It is not just what we do that makes us standout, it is how we do it that makes us truly different, that, coupled with our core values – Do it SIMPLY, Do it WELL, Do it WITH PASSION which underpin everything we do.
Your new role
As a field-based Shutter & Gates Engineer you work in and around the Birmingham area on a permanent basis. The general purpose of the role will require you to carry out planned and reactive Shutter and Gates maintenance tasks safely and to an agreed standard within a defined portfolio of stores to a required Service Level. You will also provide first line response to all emergencies during normal working hours and out of hours when on call.
What you’ll be responsible for
* To undertake all Shutters & Gates (S&G) reactive and planned maintenance tasks allocated and completed to an agreed standard
* Be available when on call to ensure effective response & resolution to satisfy customer needs and escalating where appropriate
* S&G maintenance including fault finding and repairing all issues associated with the estates equipment.
* To sponsor and complete S&G surveys and technical reports as necessary and to cascade all key data to relevant personnel throughout field operations
* Achievement of tasks within SLA times and work orders opened and closed in real time
* Timely completion of reactive and planned works carried out to agreed standards, achievement of first time fix and equipment uptime
* To work proactively to manage task volumes in conjunction with the Service Solutions team
* Ensure appropriate audits and checks (seasonal) are carried out in line with standards provided
* Able to effectively diagnose and identify faults and failures with equipment and systems and provide effective solutions and escalate where necessary
* To provide regular updates to the Service Solution team on task status
* Investigate and report in detail any problems and incidents
* To attend training courses as and when necessary to ensure personal management and keep your technical knowledge up to date
To be successful in this role you will have
* Full UK driving licence
* 17th or 18th Edition AMD3
* CSCS Cards
* IPAF & PASMA
* S&G maintenance experience including the ability to fault find and repair, Significant experience ideally gained in retail environment including :- Roller shutters, Roller grilles, Fire shutters, Sectional doors, Fire curtains, Hi Speed doors, Folding doors, Hinge door and frames, Manual gates, Automatic gates
* Minimum 3 years’ experience within the industry door industry and Customer focused with excellent communication skills
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary, Arcus employees can enjoy 33 days annual leave, a generous contributory pension scheme of matched contributions up to 6%, a discretionary bonus scheme, gym discounts and life assurance. At Arcus we are passionate about individual development which is why we are proud to offer industry leading Learning & Development opportunities to all our staff across our organisation.
For Engineers only Your role involves being on call, reacting to emergencies as well as attending business critical works. The call out premium is incorporated into your basic salary. You will normally be on call 1 week in 4 from 17:00 on a Friday for one week. You will not be paid an on call allowance; this is incorporated into your annual salary. Compensatory rest periods following call-outs are unpaid. Payment is made from the time you leave home to returning home.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to those who do not meet the required criteria for this role and only candidates who meet the minimum criteria will be contacted. Personal information which you supply to us during the recruitment process will be used for assessing candidate suitability for vacancies within Arcus. Such data includes candidate qualifications, skills, experience, employment history, current and / or expected remuneration and benefits. Information about any disclosed disability will be used to assess whether Arcus needs to make reasonable adjustments during interview, selection or employment. Such information will be shared internally, including with members of the HR and recruitment team, and managers in the business area being recruited to. We will only keep such data for as long as is necessary for the recruitment process. Should we wish to keep date for longer, e.g. for talent pooling, we will seek the candidate consent to do so. Employment decisions are not based solely on automated decision-making.
Arcus FM has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. We do, however, work with a defined list of preferred suppliers who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles, but, in line with our PSL, we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the Arcus FM recruitment team.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CV’s are submitted to Arcus FM or Arcus FM employees by any means other than through our agreed recruitment process. Where this is not observed Arcus FM reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and initiate discussions without payment of any agency fee. Submission of any unsolicited CV’s and proposals to Arcus FM will be deemed evidence of full and unlimited acceptance of this Agency policy.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.