You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Provides key resource to a small team involved in the installation and commercialization of alternative fueled commercial vehicles, primarily diesel/hydrogen dual-fuel. Flexible approach is required from an individual who combines technical, practical and communication skills. Primary location will be Aintree, Liverpool but travel to collaborative partners and customers in UK and abroad may be required.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Specification, design and installation of Duel-Fuel systems
• Component and system design
• Preparation and maintenance of manufacturing BOMs
• Set up and configuration of CAN based onboard display units and tracking systems
• Assists with software calibration development
• Component specification and sourcing
• Data collation and analysis
• Wiring loom specification and design
• Troubleshooting and repair of customer vehicles as required
• Validation testing of components and systems as required
• Working as part of a team on collaborative projects
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
• Engineering Degree with bias towards automotive discipline or other relevant on the job experience with commercial vehicles
• Ability to read, understand and amend automotive wiring diagrams and technical drawings
• Working knowledge of 3D CAD
• Some knowledge of CAN bus systems
• Ability to communicate technical data effectively both verbally and in written form at appropriate level to colleagues, technical contacts and customers.
• Ability to produce accurate written reports
• Working knowledge and experience with computers and computer based diagnostic tools
• Excel as a team player and strive to maximize team performance
• Proficiency with Microsoft applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
• Must be a “self-starter” and perform outlined tasks with very limited direct supervision and able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• HGV driving license would be useful but not essential
• Willingness to travel to off site locations for work will be necessary
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.