You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Assistant Civil Engineer
Engineering department of a Local Authority
Our client a local authority are looking to recruit an Assistant Civil Engineer for a long term contract role. The contract tends to be renewed every three months but is likely to be ongoing with them having a continuous workload. Continuity is strong with this particular client. The Assistant Civil Engineer will provide technical support to the Project Manager in the delivery of building and engineering projects and related services as part of a multi-disciplinary project team working on a fee basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The principal duties of this temporary appointment is as follows:
- Support Project Managers and other project team staff in providing a full design and delivery service of their individual projects
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the agreed quality.
- Ensure that tasks are completed within the allocated time.
- Provide an efficient and quality service to Client Services.
- Ensure compliance with Council Policies and Procedure including Financial Regulations and Contract Procedure Rules (CPR’S).
- Completion of Council Confidentially, Declaration of Interest and IT Policy forms.
- Be aware of project budgets for their individual projects and manage time and costs accordingly.
- Ensure that Consultancy Quality Management Procedures are followed and that all project data is filed in the appropriate electronic project folder.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety policies and procedures relating to the Consultancy.
- To be an active participant in supporting the Council’s Equality policies and in representing the Council during contact with its local members, residents and other stakeholders.
This person will be required to take responsibility for delivering smaller projects from inception through to completion and engaging with Client Services to deliver projects. A good knowledge of designing civil engineering and construction projects will be required, together with experience of preparing contract documents and tender drawings using AutoCAD. A good knowledge of the NEC contract will also be extremely advantageous. The role is required to support Project Managers whilst permanent vacancies within Consultancy are being advertised and filled.
- HNC/ HND or Degree Civil/ Structural Engineering
- Understanding of NEC3/4 Forms of Contract and their use.
- Knowledge and understanding of Construction Management methods, technologies and practices
- Experience of delivering high quality work – drawings, specifications, tender documents, reports etc.
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework in relation to the construction and engineering industry.
- Good project management skills, including setting clear objectives and priorities as well as realistic timescales and outputs, and managing performance against these parameters.
- Working knowledge of project management methodology such as PRINCE 2
- Good IT skills in the use of MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to use AutoCAD or be able to direct support staff to produce technical drawings.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.