You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Salary: £30,000 -£35,000 + Overtime and Generous benefits package (D.O.E.)
Starting Date: The post will commence as soon as possible.
Summary of Job Function:
• The Engineering Manager is responsible for the day to day safe and efficient running of the Mechanical workshop. The manager is responsible for budgets for the purchase of materials, fixings and machine tools to ensure the smooth progression of projects through the workshop.
• Daily attendance and sickness records have to be kept alongside individual records of what work is carried out and on which projects.
• The Engineering Manager is responsible for the quality of the work carried out and performs incoming and outgoing inspection on all parts and assemblies or delegates that work. In a potentially very dangerous working environment the manager is responsible maintaining safe working practises, keeping COSHH information up to date and ensuring everybody is conversant with this information.
• During busy periods, the workshop manager is required to undertake manufacturing tasks and assist the through put of work through the workshop.
• The workshop is the first point of contact for advice on best practices and methods of manufacture, repair and rewind for inside and outside of the workshop.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Production Manager will be planning and monitoring work within the workshop, supervising team but also liaising with Area Sales and Senior Management teams.
• Undertaking manufacturing and assembly jobs during busy periods
• Managing stock levels (e.g. materials, fixings and tooling, repairs, rewinds, pumps, gears, motors).
• Report on workloads, participating in project reviews and giving advice to project managers and team leaders.
• Maintaining material, COSHH sheet.
• General administration for personnel and record keeping.
• The Production/Engineering manager will be expected to oversee Quality control.
Special Working Conditions
The Production Manager will have to work out of hours occasionally.
The Production Manager would also be responsible for coordinating the on call rota.
Equal opportunities, Fire &Health, COSSH.
• Essential: A thorough understanding of and experience with machining and fitting techniques.
• A thorough understanding and experience with gears, motors, pumps, and other MRO products.
• Essential: Good interpersonal and organisational skills able to motivate people.
• Desirable: Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
• Essential: Able to make critical decisions under pressure, while maintaining the safety and well-being of the staff he is responsible for.
• Essential: HNC or equivalent working experience.
• Essential: Worked in the industry for at least 3- 5 years and worked to high standards of quality.
Previous Production or Engineering Manager experience is essential.
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
WR Engineering & Manufacturing