You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: up to £60,000 per annum + Bonus, flexible benefits package, study support considered
Solarcentury is one of the most respected solar companies in the world. Founded in 1998, we have been around since the early days of the solar industry and are part of the rapid evolution that has made PV the mainstream energy source that it is today. We have put solar on a greater variety of sites than any other company in the industry and have won multiple awards for product innovation.
We offer an integrated end-to-end service: developing, structuring finance, building and operating solar projects at commercial and utility scale. We work with partners to bring solar to their customers’ homes. We’re committed to making solar more accessible and attractive, via our own BIPV (building integrated PV) products or our investment into storage and diesel hybrid. All of our customers benefit from our experience in terms of engineering quality, financial stability and sheer breadth of deployment.
Our business is global and growing, with offices in the UK, the Netherlands, Kenya, South Africa, Chile, Panama and Mexico; with representation in Germany, France and Spain.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our existing team in London on a permanent basis. You will be the lead person for sourcing, commissioning, maintaining and decommissioning our web services, principally on outsourced infrastructure as a service provider.
Key activities and responsibilities:
* Support Unix/Linux-based systems in a large multi-domain environment
* Monitoring, reporting, maintenance and problem-diagnosis and resolution
* Systems, migration and capacity planning, performance tuning
* Writing and maintaining documentation
* Relationships with internal development team and external hosting/service providers
* Managing Solarcentury’s estate of domain names, DNS entries and SSL certificates.
Qualifications and experience:
* Commitment to client focus and delivering value to our organisation
* First class written and oral communications skills
* Solid grounding in Unix/Linux operating systems, their operation and configuration
* Solid grounding in standard web server software: Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, MySQL, MariaDB, Postfix, PHP including clustering, replication etc
* Solid grounding in standard TCP/IP protocols especially DNS, DHCP, HTTP, HTTPS
* Understanding methods of server optimization, load balancing and redundancy
* Understanding Software-as-a-service as a critical enabling technology
* Understanding of security methodologies such as CSP, security header, XSS-filtering, etc
* Good experience with Amazon Web Services, specifically IAM, EC2, S3, ELB, VPC, routing
* Good experience in shell scripting for automation, backups, deployments
* Good experience of automated deployment to AWS, e.g. using Ansible and Terraform
* Exposure to a deployment framework, such as docker, chef, puppet, opswork or similar
* Good experience in version control, preferably git
* Exposure to web application framework, such as WordPress
* Exposure to directory-based authentication, such as LDAP, Active Directory
* Experience of managing domain name records and generation/installation of SSL certificates
* Experience of network/router command line configuration, such as Cisco, Juniper, Vyos.
Solarcentury is in business for a purpose: to make a meaningful difference in the fight against climate change through the widespread adoption of solar power. We are a big believer in helping solar change our world for the better and contribute 5% of our net profits every year to the charity we founded, SolarAid, which aims to eradicate kerosene lamps from Africa by 2020.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.