You can save this job and apply at a later date.
IT Infrastructure Engineer
Infrastructure Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
The IE/SRE will work within the SRE team who are collectively responsible for the security, availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response and maintenance of the company's core systems, services and applications and the infrastructure upon which they run.
In the role, you will work closely with your SRE colleagues and as appropriate with the wider M3 (EU) Engineering team to achieve these responsibilities.
The role involves working with both classic datacenter and on-premise infrastructure, cloud-based services (IaaS, PaaS, etc.) and in-office electronic assets. (Laptops, Desktops, UPS, Network switches etc.)
This is an interesting and varied role with a dynamic nature requiring the ability to switch contexts and organise and prioritize work efficiently as required by the business. It will also require a commitment to work out-of-hours as required to support the availability of the core systems, services and applications.
The role is based in the Wakefield office with occasional travel to the Leeds office and (rarely) M3 EU offices and customer sites.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support and guidance to internal employees and teams as required by the business and within defined SLAs.
- Responsible for the security of systems and services including the detection of and prompt patching of security vulnerabilities.
- Ensure the stability of production services by following the defined change control process.
- Provide technical support, guidance and consultancy services to the customers of the business in relation to them using and accessing the applications the business provides.
- Drive continuous improvement by measuring and reducing the amount of manual operational work.
- Adhere to company quality assurance by following best practices, standards & guidelines and software development lifecycle. Identifying and implementing any work process improvements.
- Help measure and improve reliability and performance across the product line by working with product owners and engineering teams.
- Manage and support development project’s infrastructure, automation, continuous integration and release.
- Assist in capacity planning and migration of services as required by the business goals.
- Liaise with the M3 EU engineering team to seamlessly provision, decommission, configure, and upgrade core systems and services (LAN/WAN/VOIP).
- Learning about, gathering and disseminating information about new technologies and related tools to the company to help grow the agile development environment and software engineering architecture.
- Accurately communicate project/task status to the business via the generation of reports for project status, KPIs and system outages.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in Systems Engineering, Administration, and Operations. Hardware and Software fault diagnosis and remedy.
- Excellent analytical and organisation skills.
- Experience of managing multi-tier enterprise infrastructure environments, within a commercial setting.
- Experience with Distributed Systems and operating them as they scale.
- Experience operating services running in the cloud (AWS primarily) or virtualized API-driven platforms.
- An eye for detail and accuracy.
- The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines.
- Office365 Administration, Active Directory and Group Policy management and deployment.
- An understanding of Agile development methodologies.
- Experience of cloud-based technology such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Thorough understanding of configuration management, automation and scripting.
- Linux, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience in building and deploying project infrastructure across a variety of platforms; Physical, Virtualised and Containerised.
- Experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment preferably using GIT, Team City and Octopus.
25 Days Annual Leave
Group Personal Pension Plan
Private Medical Insurance
Cycle Purchase Scheme
Active Social Committee
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.