You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Due to the nature of the role we are looking for a strong technical engineer with managerial skills. You must be able to coach and mentor a diverse team of engineer's with the view and plan to grow the engineering team.
As the head of the Engineering department it will be critical that the successful candidate has excellent management and interpersonal skills, who is prepared to step in and support the team as and when required. Building the team and department will be a crucial part of this role, whilst ensuring that the products produced are on time and to a high standard. A strong knowledge and application of PLC and or design programming will be expected.
A challenging role but one with opportunity and career growth to anyone who is looking for a further challenge.
Key areas of responsibility, duties and the deliverables expected:
- Design and provide leadership of multiple projects whilst managing the department
- Leading project meetings with teams of Design Engineers
- Building the departments capability
- Lead the technical design and development of building any of the internal jigs/fixtures required
- Technical leadership of design and providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team
- Projecting and monitoring project profitability and efficiency.
- Assist in marketing for new business opportunities, playing an active role in work winning and growing the overall business.
- Working with the business and help project manage the work as it comes from sales through to production.
- Develop best practice and Continuous Improvement projects.
- Grow the department and facilitate the needs of the team by increasing their skills, training and experience.
- Managing the team carrying out reviews, and briefs consistently.
- Work with H&S to ensure that all fixtures designed and produced meet the regulatory standard.
- Producing detailed reports on all jigs and internal fixtures.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at SF Group for further information and apply!
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
SF Group (Jobs)