You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Maintenance Engineer
LEAD MAINTENANCE ENGINEER / SENIOR MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - DAYS
Automated Warehouse Equipment
£43,000 per annum, plus benefits
DAYS – Monday to Friday 0800 – 1700 (40 hours per week)
I am looking for a Lead Maintenance Engineer to lead a team of 2 Maintenance Technicians at a fully automated distribution site in Watford.
Are you a maintenance engineer looking to work at a leading fully automated site?
Do you have any supervisory experience?
Do you have a passion for Maintenance Engineering and want to work for one of the best companies within their industry?
Are you interested in real career progression opportunities?
If you answered yes to the above, then I may have the perfect Lead Maintenance Engineer role for you!
As a Lead Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for:
Leading a team of 2 Maintenance Technicians.
Providing breakdown cover and completing planned preventive maintenance on a fully automated distribution site. You will be responsible for maintaining all site machinery including conveyors, shuttles, robotics and more. You will have the responsibility of keeping breakdown time to a minimum, improving machine efficiency and working in conjunction with the groups LEAN and continuous improvement plans.
Flexibility is the key to success within this small, dynamic, highly efficient and effective engineering team.
Further responsibilities include;
Continuous improvement and project work.
Compliance and health and safety.
Critical stock control
Based in Watford, this leading Warehousing and Logistics Operation are recruiting NOW for a Lead Maintenance Engineer to join a great team in a fully automated facility.
In return, they offer a competitive salary and private health care, contributory pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays, and continuous training and development.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply via the job board link ASAP.
- 1st level support– error correction within the logistics system
- Electrical, Mechanical, pneumatic, fault finding and repairs
- Planned maintenance of the automated logistic system
- Monitoring the technical operation of the logistic system
- Inspections and condition monitoring of installed equipment
- Efficient and effective equipment breakdown recovery
- Escalation management of equipment/system incidents
- Interact with customer management team keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression and addressing their concerns in a professional manner.
- Ability to interpret electrical circuit diagrams and work with 415V motor controls.
- Ability to follow set up instructions, assembly drawings and check lists
- Management of spare parts including; usage, inventory levels, repairs, receipts, replenishments, ordering
- Demonstrable compliance with Health and Safety regulations
- Compliance with customer standards and regulations
- Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers
- Appreciation of control systems (PLC, WCS, WMS, SCADA)
- Appreciation of industrial field bus systems (e.g. ASi, Profibus)
- Willing to learn and adapt to changing role requirements
- Appreciation of Cultural Diversity
To be considered for the role as Lead Maintenance Engineer you will need the following;
Recognised level 3 qualification (Electrical)
Previous experience working as a maintenance engineer within an automated environment.
Some supervisory experience.
Strong fault-finding skills
The ability to work within a proactive nature
A methodical mindset, with the ability to problem solve and adapt within short notice.
Completed a time served apprenticeship in an Electrical / Mechanical discipline to a min standard of NVQ 3
Understanding of Non Destructive Technologies and Testing
Understanding of PLC’s and their function is beneficial but not essential
Understanding of WMS, WCS systems is beneficial but not essential
Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge beneficial.
Computer literate with basic Microsoft Office skills.
Ability to ‘Think on their feet’
Flexible in hours worked
Able to take ownership of situations
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Good Organisational Skills
Physically fit and able to work at height
Joining our client, you will be joining a reputable business who offer fantastic training and benefits including a pension matched up to 6%. The training is extensive with engineers given the opportunity to become skilled working an automated environment. You will be joining a company that has seen an impressive increase in their visibility over the last 5 years, which has allowed them to build on their already impressive portfolio of clients.
Working Days - Monday to Friday 0800 – 1700 (40 hours per week). However, you will be expected to cover shifts occasionally for holidays, training & sickness (1100-2000 & 2000-0500)
Working for a market leader within a rapidly growing industry.
Working in a very clean environment
Excellent salary package and benefits
Offer excellent training and development opportunities
Working as part of a very successful team.
Salary - £43,000 plus benefits
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
To apply for this position please send your CV to Clayton Cruise by following the APPLY NOW Link.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Proactive Recruitment Solutions