You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
* Position: Senior Mechanical Building Services Engineer
Location: Based in Tempsford, Sandy
Salary: Competitive salary plus generous annual leave, healthcare, pension matched up to 7.5% and numerous retail discounts
Kier Design & Business Services is currently looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Building Services Engineer who will be expected to carry out and be responsible for the following:
To take full responsibility and lead on the preparation of designs and advice including stage and feasibility reports. Manage all aspects of Mechanical building services engineering and ensure coordinated solutions for allocated major new builds, minor works and refurbishments.
The role is on a full time basis and involves working closely with both private and public sector clients, professional colleagues and other disciplines within Kier, in order to deliver a high quality and timely end product both as a team and as a part of the multi-disciplinary design offering.
To assist and play an active part in developing the Business with the M&E Team and wider multi-discipline team. Assisting bid submissions, presentation materials, Fee Bidding, attend interviews with clients.
Achieve excellent customer satisfaction and client feedback
* Provide high quality mechanical designs and specifications that meet client requirements and brief
* Successfully deliver projects to budget and timescale
* Undertake and lead on all professional services in connection with mechanical design for all allocated projects and clients.
* Provide high level technical advice in mechanical building services engineering
* Represent mechanical engineering in project design meetings, establishing solutions, agreeing concepts and working closely with colleagues and other design team members
* Ensure delivery of co-ordinated design solutions to the end of projects.
* Attend relevant Project, Design and Team Meetings.
* Take an active role in developing standards and best practice to share with colleagues across the Professional Excellence Teams in the Property & Assets business
* Make proposals and develop innovative solutions and proposals to enhance the M&E service, and implement agreed initiatives such as BIM.
* Provide direction and support to junior colleagues
* Apply Company Health & Safety Policies
* Apply Company systems including QMS, IIP, EMS
* Participate actively in the Performance Agreement policy
* Provide budget costs, pre-tender estimates as required.
* Carry out other duties as required.
Key skills and qualifications required:
* HND/Degree in Building Services Engineering or Mechanical Engineering plus significant experience demonstrating appropriate ability to fulfil the accountabilities of the role
* Chartered Engineer, Corporate Member of CIBSE or IMechE plus substantial experience demonstrating appropriate ability to fulfil the accountabilities of the role
* Keep up to date and deliver to all professional and technical standards relative to your service, ensuring projects are compliant with Building Regulations, HSE, BSI, CIBSE, IET, HVCA, Gas Safe, NICEIC etc, working in conjunction with all other technical consultants
* High level of computer literacy including competency in the use of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Revit, TAS, Cymap, Hevacomp and NBS software
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.