You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Assistant Highways Engineer - Manchester
Reporting to a Senior Engineer, the Assistant Engineer will be required to undertake hands-on design for Highways projects. The successful applicant will be responsible for the delivery of technical outputs for projects or service areas working within a well-established team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents and works/construction inspection and supervision.
• Prepare technical designs in accordance with approved design procedures and standards.
• Prepare technical documents and drawings for checking and approval
• Exercise engineering judgement and provide innovative solutions to engineering problems.
• Prepare designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
• Carry out other duties identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
• Undertake work using relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods
• Comply with company business management system and the procedures IMS & BMS procedures
• MEng (Hons)/ BEng (Hons) / BSc Civil Engineering or HND Civil Engineering
• Working towards professional membership (IEng/CEng MICE or MCIHT); demonstrable with “live” CPD / DAP and current membership / training scheme commitments.
Ideally 1-2 years’ experience:
- a)Working on Highways and infrastructure projects
- b)Experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
- Highway Alignment (links, junctions & roundabouts), pavement and drainage design
- Familiarity with DMRB, MCDHW & TSRGD
- Use of relevant design software and standards
- Essential - AutoCAD, Microsoft (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ideal – Bentley MX, MicroDrainage, Civil 3D,
- DMRB & Local Authority Standards
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.