You can save this job and apply at a later date.
You are a forward thinking, experienced and apprentice trained CNC machinist. You’d love to work in an environment where your positive influence and technical knowledge is appreciated and listened to. You’re highly motivated, ambitious and keen to progress further in your career. You are a strategic thinker and can see the bigger picture, able to work well with a team and likewise work with minimal supervision.
Not afraid to challenge existing manufacturing process, you will voice your opinion on areas you think could be improved such as quality, productivity, efficiency and waste reduction. You are the technical expert, an integral piece of the puzzle, identifying skill shortages among colleagues and providing support to aid their personal development, ultimately adding huge value to the manufacturing operation and continuously evolving the products and processes.
Sounds like you? Great. Keep reading.
You are ideally apprentice trained with a few years of experience under your belt, it’d be fantastic if your experience is within the tooling and automotive sector. Or, perhaps you are a qualified engineer with experience working in the manufacturing sector and you have picked up your CNC expertise along the way. You have knowledge and experience of working with 3, 4 and 5 Axis CNC machine programming, setting and operating. You also have experience in CNC Turning, Milling and with Sliding Head Machinery. Our client mainly uses Fanuc control systems, so you need to be pretty versed and familiar with this. You’re comfortable and competent using various measuring and inspection equipment such as Vernier Calipers, Micrometers, Thread Gauges and Mitutoyo CMM.
An overview of your general responsibilities and duties:
- Interpreting in-house and customer engineering drawings, geometric tolerances, features and finishes.
- Programming, setting and operating a range CNC lathe machines with C & Y axis using Fanuc Controls.
- Programming offline using InventorCam or otherwise package.
- Advising on tooling requirements for creating efficient machining strategies.
- Conducting production trials for evaluation purposes for new product developments.
- Advising on jig, fixture and tooling requirements to ensure for effective manufacture.
- Supporting the design and production engineering team on the deployment of methodologies.
- Checking daily design requirements; liaising with production colleagues to ensure targets are met and deadlines are followed.
- Attending daily production meetings.
- Creating and implementing standard operating procedures for employees to follow.
If you’d like to find out more about this opportunity, and this role sounds like it would suit you, then please apply online today or give Georgia at Forde Recruitment a call to discuss.
Forde Recruitment is part of the Forde Recruitment Group. This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Forde Recruitment Ltd who in this instance is operating as an Employment Business. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion and continue to search on our website for future vacancies.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Forde Recruitment Ltd