You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
We are a very well established manufacturer of automated capital machinery serving FMCG markets across the globe. We now require a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer who will issue machines and ancillary equipment to contract and produce factory layouts complete with services and installation information. The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will also provide assistance to Sales and Customer Services departments on technical offerings to ensure smooth contract execution and maintain modular product structure for the product range. We invite applications from Senior Mechanical Design Engineers with experience of low volume / bespoke industrial machinery, modelling machined components, fabricated parts, sheet metal and assemblies. Ideally, you will also be able to demonstrate skills and experience within designing hygienic machinery for the food or pharmaceutical industries, pressure vessels and experience leading a small group of engineers, or a willingness to do so. In return, we can offer a competitive salary of up to £42,000 plus very attractive benefits.
We invite applications from Senior Mechanical Design Engineers with the following attributes:
* Experienced designer of low volume / bespoke industrial machinery
* Good 3D CAD design experience using NX, Solidworks, Inventor or similar
* Modelling machined components, fabricated parts, sheet metal and assemblies.
* Good drafting experience of machined components, fabrications and assembly drawings
* Good knowledge of different manufacturing methods, their benefits and limitations
* Willing and able to occasionally travel to customer / supplier sites in the UK and Worldwide
* Experience of working on multiple projects concurrently, prioritising tasks accordingly
* Able to select suitable materials, with a good appreciation of the benefits and limitations of each
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.