You can save this job and apply at a later date.
To lead the Engineering function across both sites and provide direction and guidance to the site operating and maintenance teams to ensure that the site is operated efficiently and is compliant with all legal requirements.
- Lead and motivate subordinates within areas of responsibility ensuring that relevant engineering standards are communicated and understood at all levels, to ensure training needs are identified, assessed and actioned at all levels to generate optimum efficiency and performance;
- Direct all planned and reactive maintenance activities;
- Accountable for standards of engineering work to ensure the plant is within all legal requirements;
- Lead all engineering activities to deliver overall site operational effectiveness and reliability of site assets;
- Deliver the capital projects budget, ensuring on time and under budget delivery of projects to meet business requirements;
- Accountable for ensuring all site facilities are maintained and services to the required standard;
- Oversee the spend on engineering related procurement;
- Be fully aware of the Company eenvironmental policy and ensure it is adhered to at all times;
- Ensure all areas of responsibility comply with the Quality management systems and to promote quality and food safety awareness along the pursuit of a right first time philosophy throughout the departments;
- Ensure good effective communication throughout all areas of responsibility;
- Monitor and control overtime working, attendance and holidays along with managing the performance and discipline of direct reports;
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all functions to ensure there is effective co-ordination of all Company activities in support of corporate objectives;
- Assist in the development and control of the budget for Engineering and Facilities to ensure the relevant departments with your responsibility has all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters and to keep expenditure within budget
- To fulfill other tasks as deemed appropriate by the Company
NB: Closing date 19th July , however if enough applicants are received before the closing date, we may close this advert sooner. If you have not received a response within 7 days of the job advert closing, please note on this occasion you have not been shortlisted to the next stage of the process and we wish you luck in your job search.
car, pension scheme and other benefits
Chemical manufacturing experience essential.
HAZOP and DSEAR Experience essential.
Engineering knowledge of EC&I or Chemical/Process.
Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a Snr Role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £48,000.00 to £55,000.00 /year
- Engineering Management: 5 years (Required)
- Chemical Manufacturing: 4 years (Preferred)
- Diploma of Higher Education (Required)
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.