You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Technician This role is to support Main purpose:-To support the New Product Introduction (NPI) process. Produce Work Instruction Schedules (WISs), update UPCs and Production Routes during Design and Development. Ability to manufacture product while creating WISs. Secondary purpose – to support DMS build programme
This role is based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As a Manufacturing Engineering Technician your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience of electro-mechanical assembly production.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate, including experience with manufacturing data systems.
- Awareness of SHE issues.
- Experience of 5S / Lean Manufacturing / Quality tools and working knowledge of MRP systems.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge and skill in the assembly of Mechanical and Electronic Product
- Ability to read and interpret Design Drawings and Documentation
- Managing Time & Priorities
- Working in Teams
- Business Operations, Systems and Processes & Business Improvement
- Problem Solving & Creativity
- Design for Manufacture
- IT Skills (Use of Microsoft work package)
As a Manufacturing Engineering Technician your main responsibilities will involve:
- To produce Work Instruction Schedules (WIS) to support the Development phases
- To update the Unit Production Cost (UPC) during Design and Development
- To prepare Routes on the production system (MRP) that integrate with associated WISs
- To review assembly methods to support New Product Introduction and Compliance.
- To create and validate Tooling, Fixtures and Assembly Aids.
- To review Drawings and Process Specifications.
- To introduce Continuous Improvements for manufactured products.
- To support Design Reviews and develop ‘manufacturing preferences’ to ensure designs include best practice manufacturing methodology.
- To provide technical support to the Production Team as part of the New Product Introduction (NPI) process.
About Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
A wide range of products are available for customers, small and large, worldwide in Commercial, Military, Satellite and Security markets.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.