You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Graduate Service Engineer
The employer is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety.
This role is in the Service and Support side of the business which deals with post-sales support to our customers across all industry/business units, therefore you will be gaining experience in all of our Control Systems solutions, a wide range of PLCs, SCADA systems, Control Panels, Tranformers, Busbars, Networking devices and more.
Summary of Role:
To supplement our Service & Support team, the key activities will include:-
- Design, testing, installation and commissioning of small project works.
- Routine Maintenance tasks e.g. Site Surveys, Technical Audits, System Health Checks, Spares Management, Obsolescence Reporting, Disaster Recovery Work (Backup & Restore), System Upgrades and Patching.
- Helping customers to fault-find and rectify problems via telephone, web, email etc. and where required, to respond to the customer’s site to carry out emergency repairs. This will include ‘out-of-hours’ work (rota-based).
- Completion of Service Reports and other project documentation when required.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team servicing a number of clients. The work will vary depending on the clients’ needs but typically includes some small projects work, some routine maintenance and some reactive support calls. In each case suitable training will be provided to ensure they are able to perform their duties.
- A good electrical engineering background
- Current driving licence
- Good Communicator and well organised
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Willingness to attend at customer sites both individually (especially) and as part of a team (on occasions)
- Willingness to undertake out of hours work on a rota basis
- 18th Edition
- GE D200, D25, D20 experience
- Schneider Talus T4e experience
- Ability to gain SC clearance
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
WRD Consulting Ltd