You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Multi Skilled Engineer
Multi Skilled Engineer, Hull
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within Jacksons for an Electrical biased Multi Skilled Engineer to join our Engineering team.
In this role you will be responsible for troubleshooting and high level fault finding in order to maintain and enhance the fully automated production machinery.
* Assisting with plant optimisation and performance within a genuine culture of continuous improvement and ensure that production targets are achieved on time.
* Working with the factory planned maintenance system both developing and completing planned maintenance routines and to constantly monitor the effectiveness of the system.
* Provide effective and efficient support to the manufacturing function to achieve maximum production efficiency levels with the minimum of machine downtime.
* Professionally carry out fault finding analysis, identify root causes of plant or equipment breakdowns, and resolve the problem.
* Maintain asset care history logs for all major plant and equipment to assist in breakdown problem solving analysis and preventative maintenance programme.
* Ensure all health and safety and other business guidelines are followed, and the best interests of the Company are maintained at all times.
Hours of Work
You will be required to work on a 5-week rota, covering days, nights, and weekend shifts.
* Time-served engineer with proven experience in a maintenance environment.
* Recognised engineering qualifications with knowledge of PLC systems.
* Proactive with excellent communication skills and time management.
* Excellent PC skills using Microsoft applications and CMMS
* Experience with continuous improvement initiatives and be able to demonstrate their effectiveness, in addition to Health and Safety qualifications.
* Exceptional attention to detail and able to deliver consistent accurate data.
Jacksons is part of William Jackson Food Group, a sixth generation family business founded by William Jackson when he opened his first shop in Hull in September 1851. Today we have a portfolio of five food businesses in distinct, yet complimentary market areas, employing over 2,000 people. We also have a pub!
We have occupied the current site in Hull since 1907 and we now have 3 bread plants in our main bakery. We recently developed a second bakery, also at our site in Hull, which specialises in premium quality roll, wrap and ciabatta production.
We specialise in the supply of bread and other carriers to the sandwich manufacturers, foodservice and export channels, and in 2012 we launched our consumer facing brand “Jackson’s Yorkshire’s Champion”.
We’ve recently built a brand-new site in Corby, Northamptonshire – one of the largest investments our Group has ever made – and this will allow us to realise our ambition of being the best at what we do.
2019 is an exciting time to join us!
Please note that we reserve the right to close this recruitment campaign before the advertised closing date. As such, we advise you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.