You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Graduate Design Engineer / Graduate Project Engineer
The successful Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer will be degree qualified (or equivalent) in an engineering field of study. While some working experience in engineering would be desirable, it is not essential. Proficiency in the use of 3D CAD software such as Solidworks or similar is essential.
Graduate Project Design Engineer Position Overview
Reporting to the Project Engineer and Engineering Manager, the key objective and responsibilities of this position is to assist with the optimisation of production efficiency, design and development of injection moulded parts. This will include design, modelling and analysis of new products as well as refinements to existing products. Other duties and responsibilities will include:
* Overseeing the development of products from conceptual drawing stage right through to design for manufacture.
* Creating drawings via 3D CAD of equipment to customer specifications.
* Producing Bill of Materials.
* Tracking of assembly schedules, progress and scrappage targets.
* Liaising closely with other members of the design and manufacture team. This may also include suppliers. Assist in request for quotations by providing cost estimations.
* Working on making improvements and adjustments to existing systems-identifying potential faults that may cause breakdowns and rectifying them.
Graduate Project Design Engineer Position Requirements
* The successful candidate will hold a degree qualification or equivalent in a Mechanical Engineering field of study. Degree/HND/HNC/Apprenticeship Served etc.
* Some working experience would be desirable but is not essential. Experience working with production line machinery or similar mechanical systems with moving parts would be advantageous but again, is not essential.
* Proficiency with the use of 3D CAD software such as Solidworks/other 3D CAD is essential. Siemens NX 10 use would be advantageous but is in no way essential.
* Usage of other software such as FEA or CFD would also be advantageous.
* Ability to identify, analyse and provide practical solutions to potential issues with productions or production methods.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to use own initiative, to work within budgets and to deadlines.
* A Full UK Driving License would be advantageous but not essential.
Graduate Project Design Engineer Position Remuneration
* Salary £20,000 - £25,000 (Dependent upon Experience)
* 29 Days Holiday Inc. Bank Holidays (+1 day per year to 34 inc. BH)
* Monday-Friday 08:30am-17:00pm (37.5hr week)
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Bennett and Game Recruitment LTD