You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Civil Engineer - Highways Maintenance
CIVIL ENGINEER - HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: up to £34,788 pa (depending on experience)
Flexible working pattern and generous pension scheme.
Relocation package available - under terms and conditions.
Are you looking to work on a spectrum of projects and prestigious schemes giving you variety and challenges within your job? This could be the role for you!
An opportunity has arisen in the Environment Community Services Streetcare Highways Team, for an experienced Engineer to play a key role in the delivery of Highway Maintenance schemes in South Gloucestershire.
You will share your in-depth knowledge and experience of highway maintenance schemes, to plan, organise, program and supervise various carriageway surfacing and patching schemes. Within the role you will submit designs and support with onsite supervision and decision making, advising complex issues and be a point of subject expertise and guidance.
- Plan, organise, program and supervise various carriageway surfacing and patching schemes.
- Determine the data/information required to assess and resolve given problems, undertake analysis and derive conclusions to inform solutions.
- Arrange and supervise the implementation of schemes, including liaison with contractors and consultants, site supervisions and monitoring of scheme expenditure.
- Liaise with Council colleagues and manage enquiries from MP’s, Council members and the general public.
- Promote safer working practises at all time and to make sure that the implementation of the Authorities policies and proceedures for Health and Safety matters are carried out.
- To prepare detailed bills of quantities, estimates, works specifications and project information, writing risk assessments and method statements.
- It is anticipated that there will be approximately a 50/50 split between site work and office based work.
- Professionally qualified Civil engineering or relevant degree.
- An in-depth knowledge and experience in highway maintenance engineering schemes and adherence to best practice will need to be demonstrated
- Experience of planning, organising and programming various carriageway surfacing and patching schemes. Knowledge and experience of footway slurry seal and carriageway micro- asphalt process would be advantageous in this role.
- Experience of co-ordinating and delivering engineering programmes and projects to meet clearly define outcomes and outputs often dealing with the need to tackle conflicting prioritise
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel and familiarity of software packages such as Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and MapInfo will also be favourable.
- A working knowledge of CDM will be required, as at times the candidate will be required to write risk assessments and method statements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A driving licence and provision of their own car will be required for the role. Mileage allowances will be paid.
- MSc IN Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of local government structure, process, rules and regulations
Closing Date 27th June 2019
Interested? Please submit your CV
For further information or an informal chat: Call Daniel Taylor on (phone number removed)
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
South Gloucestershire Council